Mike Burgess

Started by Dwight Rudder, January 29, 2007, 12:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

I just spoke with Mike Burgess.  Long time Penton / Hercules / Rokon / Husqvarna dealer from the New Orleans, La Area (Kenner), Competition Cycle Sales.  He used to ride a lot of Nat'l events back in the 60's and 70's. He closed his shop in 1987 and has been traveling the country since. A couple years ago he has returned to the New Orleans area and just sought me out.  He was asking about JP, Doug Wilford, Dane Leimbach , Jack, Jeff, and Tom. Asked about Don Rosene too. He recently turned 69 and is talking of attending the ISDTR this year.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

ChiliPepper

Dwight, you are not in the New Orleans area are you??

I grew up there in (NorthShore) and new the Burgess' shop._Ask Mike B if he remembers Donnie Arnoult, and his dad, who used to take us "kids" to the races, and generally made it all possible in our early years.

He had a son, Robbie, I think. Also good stories of early Popeye's Supercross (late 70's), used to have a stop in New Orleans, what a gas those days were, all the pros used the N.O. round to party...

Chili Pepper

Dwight Rudder

I live in Jackson Ms area.  I lived for short while in NO and hung out at Competition Cycle Sales there in Kenner.  I knew Mike from the enduros.  Mike (Don Burgess) has 2 sons.  Robbie and Mikey.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Mike Burgess

Quotequote:Originally posted by mgrider

Dwight, you are not in the New Orleans area are you??

I grew up there in (NorthShore) and new the Burgess' shop._Ask Mike B if he remembers Donnie Arnoult, and his dad, who used to take us "kids" to the races, and generally made it all possible in our early years.

He had a son, Robbie, I think. Also good stories of early Popeye's Supercross (late 70's), used to have a stop in New Orleans, what a gas those days were, all the pros used the N.O. round to party...

Chili Pepper

At one time Donnie was in partnership with us at the shop. His father Mr. Jimmy was the man. One of only a few people i know that ever got away with knocking a AMA offical out cold at a National Motocross in Waggaman, La. Of course we remember the Arnoults and with my memory i probably rmember 95% of all who walked through the doors. Dad is talking about making a trip to see his old friends and with his health he needs to get it done as soon as possible. Last i heard Lil Donnie was in the islands of pineapple land running a bicycle business. I know Chris is a Heart surgeon i believe it is. Shoot me a PM here at the site and we can exchange names and numbers, Would love to know who this is.

Mikie