Selling My '72 Six Days

Started by jay cohen, April 03, 2007, 07:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay cohen

Regretfully have decided to part with my '72 125 Six Days. Ground up restoration. Bike was built Sept. '71, 6A motor. Bike was first started Jan. 2007 and is barely broken in. I restored this bike to race and don't have the skill or desire to mess with the shifting of the Sachs. Everything new except the following, which was fine: wheel bearings, swingarm bushings, handlebars, one set of brake shoes. New first over piston, professionally repainted (not powdered), forks rebuilt (32mm), new tires, Mulholland shocks (disassembled and checked), wheels powdered coated with Buchanan ss spokes, nickel plated nipples, new seat cover and foam, new races and steering head bearings, new correct heat shield (which is not shown in the photos), new Magura levers and throttle, all new Terry cables, plastic bushings on brake lever, petcocks original and rebuilt, new 60 tooth and original rear sprocket, 2 new chains, new countershaft sprocket, PP headlight/number plate, extra parts bike which is very rough with frozen engine, all manuals. Email me if seriously interested and I'll send you photos. I will be coming to Devil's Ridge and would be happy to bring it. Jay

jay cohen

jay cohen

It has been suggested that I list a selling price.  I paid $1500 for the bike from Doug Wilford in July, 2006. I have at least $1700 more of parts and work into it, probably more at this point.  I'd like to get $3500 for it, which includes the parts bike and all related stuff I mentioned previously. I want to give a fellow POGGER first shot. If you would rather speak to me instead of email, you can call me up until 10 pm eastern time at 540/837-1673.