1968 Inter-AM Moto Cross Program

Started by Admin, November 19, 2018, 04:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

If you are interested in Moto Cross history in America, click on the link below to view the Inter-AM International American Moto Cross Series, Oct 26-27, 1968 program.

http://pentonusa.org/publications/programs/1968_Program.pdf

dennis brown

over time I rode with a lot of the riders on this list. sadly a good number of them are gone

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Tom Penton

Well ... Learn something new every day. So I'm checking out this 1968 New Philly Inter-Am Program, bottom of last page. I was on the "Penton Works Team"(MX) with Torsten Hallman, Lars Larsson & Gary Baily!  Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha ... seriously? Me an expert Motocrosser? But hey, I'll take whatever publicity I can get. I probably have Matt Wiseman to thank for this invention!

Tom Penton
Tom Penton

Paul Danik

Hi Tom,

I was there that day as a spectator, and I still have my program. If I am not mistaken you once told of helping to pound in fence posts around that track that were used for putting up the snow fence. So, obviously when John Penton had work that needed done you were on his " Penton Works Team"... A bit of Martian humor there..

That was quite an event. I still remember seeing one of your dad's vans with a brand spanking new Penton 125 Steel Tanker in it along with one of the very early white Penton sweatshirts hanging in it as well, that is the one with the Penton crest on it. If that van is in a junk yard today I am sure my nose print is still on the window.... :)

A couple of years ago I helped with putting together a Penton display at the National Packard Museum for their Vintage Motorcycle Display. We started having our organization meetings in November and they had many Christmas trees decorated and on display. The motorcycle display was going up after Christmas and I asked the gal from the Museum if we could use the undecorated Christmas trees in our display, which she did allow. We put the trees together like a little forest and then put snow fence around them. We hung banners and such on the snow fence and used the fence and trees as a backdrop, looking to recreate the MX snow fence theme. It worked out pretty well. I asked Gary Baily if we could use one of his bikes for the display and he let us use his Greeves from his Inter AM victory way back when. I actually drove to his place to get it and returned it to him as well. . Kevin Grimes let us sue his Leroy Winters replica Berkshire as well.  SO, your snow fence influenced a display 50 years later.....:)

I sure wish posting pictures here was as simple as Facebook as I have photos of that National Packard Museum display that would go nicely with this little story.

Paul

Tom Penton

Well ... Learn something new every day. So I'm checking out this 1968 New Philly Inter-Am Program, bottom of last page. I was on the "Penton Works Team"(MX) with Torsten Hallman, Lars Larsson & Gary Baily!  Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha ... seriously? Me an expert Motocrosser? But hey, I'll take whatever publicity I can get. I probably have Matt Wiseman to thank for this invention!

Tom Penton
Tom Penton

Paul Danik

Hi Tom,

I was there that day as a spectator, and I still have my program. If I am not mistaken you once told of helping to pound in fence posts around that track that were used for putting up the snow fence. So, obviously when John Penton had work that needed done you were on his " Penton Works Team"... A bit of Martian humor there..

That was quite an event. I still remember seeing one of your dad's vans with a brand spanking new Penton 125 Steel Tanker in it along with one of the very early white Penton sweatshirts hanging in it as well, that is the one with the Penton crest on it. If that van is in a junk yard today I am sure my nose print is still on the window.... :)

A couple of years ago I helped with putting together a Penton display at the National Packard Museum for their Vintage Motorcycle Display. We started having our organization meetings in November and they had many Christmas trees decorated and on display. The motorcycle display was going up after Christmas and I asked the gal from the Museum if we could use the undecorated Christmas trees in our display, which she did allow. We put the trees together like a little forest and then put snow fence around them. We hung banners and such on the snow fence and used the fence and trees as a backdrop, looking to recreate the MX snow fence theme. It worked out pretty well. I asked Gary Baily if we could use one of his bikes for the display and he let us use his Greeves from his Inter AM victory way back when. I actually drove to his place to get it and returned it to him as well. . Kevin Grimes let us sue his Leroy Winters replica Berkshire as well.  SO, your snow fence influenced a display 50 years later.....:)

I sure wish posting pictures here was as simple as Facebook as I have photos of that National Packard Museum display that would go nicely with this little story.

Paul