Penton Enduro Kit

Started by nedpepper, April 22, 2007, 09:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedpepper

I was going thru some items in my garage and ran across a Penton Enduro Kit, still in the original box that was shipped to Competition Accessories in Xenia Ohio. I bought it many years ago to put see if i could put in on my Sachs but never put it on. I think everything is there. Leather Bag, Headlight assemble including the switch, Tailight assembly, VDO speedometer showing 3 miles with piece that goes on the front wheel, some kind of wheel tool, nuts and bolts and two brackets, one looks like a headlight cover and the other looks like a holder of the bag but not sure. Don't know what it's worth but don't plan on giving it away.  If you have any questions, email me at
[email protected]

firstturn

I am interested.  Please email me a picture.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

I am interested.  Please email me a picture.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

kevin k

I  would also be interested If it's still available. Thanks  Kevin

crash carden

Hello nedpepper ,I sent you an email on Sunday 4-22-07 at 11:15 pm I hope I am first in line!Thanks for any help,Crash Carden

MattyQ

Hi , I have a 74 125 enduro , looking for a good condition chrome ring for around the head light assy .

Thanks ,

Matty

Matthew Quinlan

LarryVolenec

So who was the lucky purchaser of the enduro kit?

I am very jealous!  Enjoy....

Larry Volenec
Daytona Beach, FL

crash carden

Howdy boyz, I received an email from nedpepper saying the Penton enduro kit has been sold,but I don't know who bought it.I am sure it found a good home and will be mounted on a nice Penton:D. Makes you wonder how much more old NOS Penton parts are still out there just waiting to be found. I am glad people like nedpepper offer this stuff for sale when they find it. Well back to the hunt! I got to call a guy today about a Penton 125 for sale,one of those old barn fresh deals [:p] can't wait! Go Penton! See ya, Crash Carden

Paul Danik

I guess I need to fess up, I bought the enduro kit. My use of this item is a bit different than most would think, please allow me to explain.  My mentor was a wonderful person by the name of Augie.  Augie raced a 500cc ESO Scrambler, the ESO was always a mysterious sort of machine to me in my early teens and Augie's stories always added to that mystic.  Augie always spoke of how the ESO came with a "spares kit" in a wooden box, as did a number of CZs, but he no longer had the kit, only a few of the spares. When the Motocross America exhibit opened up, sure enought there in the display was a for real spares kit for a CZ, wooden box and all, I have to admit to a moist eye as I recalled the since departed Augie telling me about these spares kits. SO back to the Penton enduro kit, my plan is to display this kit with all of the original items, packing paper, and box, to help tell the Penton story, and maybe some not so young kids will finally get to see what a Penton enduro kit actually looks like.  If you disagree with my use or you needed the items, I am sorry and I do hope you find your needed items soon.  Thank you Dave Montgomery for preserving this kit for so many years and offering it up.
Paul

454MRW

Paul,
I can't think of a better way to help "Keep The Legend Alive". Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

LarryVolenec

Paul,

I am so glad the enduro kit went to great home and use.  What a super way to show the history and tell the Penton story.  

I was primarily looking for the complete speedometer bracket 51.12.030.000 and the speedometer drive 52.09.052.000 for a 74 Hare Scrambler.  Dr. 2Stroke has the parts but recommended that I try to get them in the US since shipping is expensive.

I will put a wanted post out later in the week for those items in case anyone in the group has them and is willing to sell them.  They will go to a good home and be lovingly cared for!

Thanks for the update on the enduro kit.

Larry Volenec
Daytona Beach, FL

Don Roth

I also was in the running to purchase the kit, glad it shall
be preserved, good snag, prez. Need donations?
-don

Kip Kern

Paul  I understand how you feel about the dealers tool kit with the CZ.  While growing up as a teen, my neighbor was a CZ/Jawa/MZ dealer and he would uncrate each machine and there were the cool extras that came with the bikes.  I was very lucky a few years ago and purchased a mint perfect "74" 250 CZ Desert Master from a friend who got it from the original owner, the bike is as delivered new and while I was picking it up, the friend also gave me the original dealer complete shop tools in the original wooden box.  Man, this brought back a bunch of memories and every so often, I have to sit down and go through the box to check out the 60 plus tools and shop manuals.  Every once in awhile, I ride the CZ and that crazy bike pulls like a tractor while rutting up the yard![:p] What a great life!