Plastic or alloy fenders ?

Started by gooddirt, May 21, 2007, 09:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

I have a six-day with a VIN of 7-303, came stock with a small mx tank has the kick-stand on swingarm .  In march of 73 did most of the bikes have alloy fenders ? Would this VIN fall in the alloy era. I heard they went to plastic sometime later ... correct[?] And on the west coast they ran a trelleborg on the front . Does any one know the time frame on the tire change. This bike will be a MX when done.

brian kirby

A 7-xxx frame number is a Jackpiner isnt it?

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian

linglewn

My '73 s/n 303 Jackpiner has plastic fenders. The '72 had alloy.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

gooddirt

Looks as someone was under the weather or forgot their glasses for work that day -its  a SIX-DAY frame with a [  7- ] punched on it. Its also a high-breather .There was a Dirt Bike or Moto- cross Action mag test in 73 I'am pretty sure the bike had alloys on it.

Dwight Rudder

* Early Jackpiner serial numbers start with 7-206xxxxx (7 being a production code and the next 3 digits indicate year and
   month, i.e. 2 = 1972 and 06 = June)
Never heard of a 125 in a Jackpiner frame.
I had an early 73 Jackpiner.  It still was a seat breather and had the large headlight. It had Alloy fenders and the exhaust guard with the large holes like the 125 and 100. Bought in Aug of 73.  The only real 73 traits it has was the Bing carb and large Headlight, and black hubs.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

gooddirt

Lets say that the  [ 7- ]  is not on the frame.  And the rest of the whole bike is a  303 VIN # march of 73 125 Six-Day green tank sachs engine frame.  Then it would be correct to say to go with the alloys ? ;);)

Dwight Rudder

I would say the PVC fenders.

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.