Show & tell

Started by rob w, June 16, 2007, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

This is a motorcycle display system I designed and fabricated for a friends private collection. It acheived his goal of creating the extra floor space needed - and makes at least 50% of the collection visible from anywhere in the room. This is Part 1 - part 2 will be of this size on the opposite side of the room, for offroad machines.
The 5" wide rail stands with no fasteners to the floor, and one fastener into the wall every 48". The centerstands on the bikes are clamped to a plate, (which is adjustable anywhere on the rail), and that mounting plate clamps onto the channel. The front wheel chock assists in the stability. The bottom of the tires on the upper bikes, are apx. 44" from the floor. It can be totally disassembled into pieces.
It goes across one wall, makes a 90, goes across another wall, makes a 45, then a short section on another wall. The rail is continuous from one end to the other, and the butted and bolt together seams make it appear one piece.

^ ^ Gilera - Mondial - MV Augusta - Bultaco Metralla - Moto Morini ^ ^
^ ^ MV Augusta - MV Augusta - HD Rapido - Mondial ^ ^
^ ^ Ducati - Moto Parilla - Monark Super Twin - HD M-50 ^ ^

Thanks
Bob

firstturn

Bob,
  Very nice.  Is the ceiling height (minimum) 10 ft?  Also if you haven't done my remaining mounts email me because I see something Imay want to change...as always beautiful work.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Cool system and Real Cool collection.[8D]

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

rpage11

Nice job Bob!
Now it's time to get a patent and market it.:)

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

firstturn

Bob,
  If you are going to finish them I want them.  I am just going to do something a little different.

Skip,
  I ordered some mounting plates from Bob and they are first class and beautiful.  I am thinking about just displaying the mounting plates by themselves they were such nice work.  You will see them when you come this way for out TT POG Meeting.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Bob,Really nice work-cool collection as well!
                                             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Rain Man

Hey Bob, Stupendous job, wow wow wow [8D]  Gives me more imagination than imaginable !!  BTW are those Camaros too ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

thrownchain

I'd guess the blue one is a '69 Z-28, the white/black one looks to be a later model, maybe '72?