Six Day Bog

Started by chuck, June 04, 2007, 10:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck

I'm experiencing a problem with my 72 125 Six Days when I go off a jump and upon landing my engine bogs. I need to down shift one or two gears to get back in the correct power band. It even happens when I hit the jump at very high RPMs a gear lower. Only happens on the bigger jumps. I'm running a 30mm Mikuni with jetting that I researched on this forum. The bike starts easy and runs strong except for this problem.

Possible fixes from reading this forum. 1. Intake spigot needs to be enlarged to match the 30mm Mikuni. 2. Mikuni carb leans at 15 degrees to clear pipe. 3. Most likely problem, rider malfunction.

What do ya think?

Thanks,

chuck

Any

Chuck,

72 125 Penton Six Days
74 250 Penton Hare Scrambles
74 250 Maico
73 250 Honda Elsinore
72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

John E

Are your vent tubes blocked or kinked?

John

tlanders

How about a float problem causing this phenomenon? If it was set too high, then the jolt of hitting the ground might flood the extra gas into the crank case??? Just a thought.

Teddy

t20sl

Chuck:  Just a thought but if your rear brake is adjusted with very little freeplay and the swingarm travels upward it could be applying the brake slightly.  Would probably feel but may be just enough to drop engine rpms?

bentrims

After checking all carb related solutions think outside the bogg-x.

Impact related short? Check ALL wiring contact points and insulated areas.

At Gainesville two years ago I landed a double so hard in practice that the spark plug cap popped off on impact.

Lew Mayer

Tom, that cap probably burned up on re-entry.:D

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Lew,
  That's good, real good.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

chuck

Lew,

You missed the fun Saturday afternoon. It got good and hot and muggy!

You cross country guys are smarter than you look. Ride in the cool of the morning, leave and get home early.

Chuck,

72 125 Six Days
74 250 Hare Scrambles
74 250 Maico
73 250 Honda Elsinore
72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

bentrims

Chuck,
That is a good sign of experience. Leave the hot July racing for the young studs...be ready early when the snow has just melted.

Lew,
When is your next race? Plans for Mid-O? We have a local Mitch Winder organized MX race in a couple weeks that we hope will do well.

Ron,
I will call you. Not sure if I gave you any of the new phone numbers after selling the business.
Tom B

Rocketman

alot of carbs have a small screen cup around the main jet.  This is to prevent gas from foaming ( air bubbles formed )  caused by vibration of the engine and impact landings.  Do you have one in your carb?  When foaming happens you pull air and fuel thru the mainjet causing a lean cond.  That's also why most motorcycles now come with a rubber intake manifold, to isolate vibes.

72 Six-Days
72 Six-Days