1974 Rear Guards

Started by vmx1963, June 27, 2007, 08:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmx1963

G'day Fellas,

Does anyone have a recommendation for suppliers of rear guards to fit the '74 motocrossers?  I have tried a DC Plastics unit but it doesn't fit right: too wide and deep for the rear frame loop.

I managed to get a fiberglass guard from an Aussie supplier a few years ago that fit perfectly, as well as a couple of NOS guards from Italy, but am needing to restock my race spares and for my (in restoration) 400.

Any leads much appreciated!

Cheers, Allan

VMX1963
//www.vmxktm.net

Kip Kern

H + H Ktm had real nice repops for $100 a pair.  I think it is Worldwide KTM now as Barry sold the shop.  Try the supplier page here for H+H and look under Vintage KTM parts.  These are the best repops I have seen and work very well!  CIAO

Dennis Jones

I second the H & H fenders, they look and fit great. If you find they are still available please post.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

DKWRACER

Hello Allan! Thank you for your order for two FLKMXR rear fenders from Mile High Pentons, and it is good to hear from the "Land Down Under"
You and Rob, are in special consideration, for your efforts to  maintain the Penton legacy.

An interesting story, from the Rocky Mnt. Region, one Tom Derozier who owned a Penton up until 1979 (which he purchased new,a 74/250)
contacted me about Pentons in general.
This story is amazing!!!!
In 2007, while in his hood, a gent was off to the dump with three carcass motorcycles in the back of a pickup.
Tom instantly recognized his old 250 in the pile, and rescued it from the depths.........the vision, began again!
In addition, he builds custom Mtn. bikes with full CNC machinery.
Whilst our conversations evolved, he was concerned about the availability of cable straps, for tank mounting, as it was a signature of Penton history.

In short, a seed was planted, and if he does so, he will become one of another of enthusiasts..to preserve and protect..............

Thank You, for your fender order...

Tom Brosius
Mile High Pentons
Thomas Brosius