MXbikes.com gone?

Started by ulme, July 05, 2007, 09:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulme

hello penton-fans,
i cannot reach mxbikes.com any more. no unofficial-ktm495-site, no great white forum any more!?
where have they gone?
greetings, ulme

KTM 250GS
KTM 350GS
KTM 420GS
KTM 250GS
KTM 350GS
KTM 420GS
KTM 495GS

Rain Man

Hey Ulme, welcome to the Pentons owners Group web site.   Its always nice to have another "big bore KTM fan" on board  [:p]
 I known the 495 sites has been dissolved, and I can't remember the specifics of why??
  The other 2 sites ,   who knows [?]  maybe their for sale !!
  I guess sometimes change isen't so good !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tofriedel

Info only, as best I know.

Bengt Hahn whose website "mxbikes.com", which includes the 495KTM site is down, server died.  

There is an outside chance it may come back, but doubtful.  Bengt travels alot and I guess he got tired of keeping a web site up and running.  It seemed like every time he would go on an extended trip, his server would fail.

Tony
Tony

ulme

thank you raymond, thank you tony,

your answers hit me very hard. especially the various 495-pages on mxbikes made it possible for me to bring back life into several ktm 420s and encouraged me to start a 1981 495 project.
everytime i found a key information in one of the mxbikes sites i praised the good old trunkenpolz-family, the internet and especially b. hahns server.
there HAS to be a succession! the brilliant informations given by so many worldwide experts must not be forgotten!  

hopefully, ulme

KTM 250GS
KTM 350GS
KTM 420GS
KTM 495GS
KTM 250GS
KTM 350GS
KTM 420GS
KTM 495GS

Bob Seymour

I wonder if it would be possible for Bengt to avail the information/archives from the 495 Site and have it incorporated into the POG? It could possibly be a additional category within this site that would dovetail and/or be a compliment to what exists here now. Just my thoughts. Thanks, Bob

tofriedel

I sent the following message to Bengt Hahn regarding his mxbikes.com web site in an effort to get him to consider the possibility of incorporating the information his web site has generated on the 495's and other later model KTM's.

I may be overstepping, but I believe his information is critical to the future of what John Penton started.  If I am in error, I apologize to all.  Otherwise, is incorporating his information possible on the POG site or other options available to be considered?

Let's not lose Bengt's data.

Tony Friedel

Bengt,

A lot of individuals from the Penton Owners Group (POG) have expressed their concerns about the apparent demise of your web site and how much it is missed.  Attached are some comments from the POG site.

Is their a way for you to incorporate your information into the Penton Group?  Just brain storming at this point.  A contact at POG will be made available if you have an interest in continuing the great web site you conceived and nurtured.

I for one would like it to be continued in whatever form you choose to support.

Tony Friedel
USA
POG Member
Tony

454MRW

Remembering Johns heartfelt comments at the POG metting last year at Mid-Ohio, about the KTM "Family", and doing everything in his power to help keep Polaris from taking it over and turning the family business with unequalled quality control ethic into a mass production facility leads me to believe that even though this site originated as a 1967-77 Penton site, he and others would applaud the addition of information and history on the KTM mark as well.
Long live the legend! Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

ulme

Cool news, my dearest friends of the big bores and newer aircooled KTMs!
i had contact to bengt and what can i say? there is a light at the end of the tunnel. bengt has some technical problems with his server, but he keeps on working on it. yes, even more, he promised to solve the problems!
Yeah, isnt that a good news?

keep the austrian capricorns running!

yous, ulme

KTM 250GS
KTM 350GS
KTM 420GS
KTM 495GS
KTM 250GS
KTM 350GS
KTM 420GS
KTM 495GS