ahrma in turmoil again

Started by chicagojerry, April 18, 2007, 05:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Hello!
These posts, have brought an emotional value about the next generation...

My greatest fear, is what has the AHRMA organization become?

If you read VV "Regional Concerns" AHRMA has spent a large amount of money over the last ten years, and now they are in Ch.11.
I had no part in their argument. And now, they threaten with..
litigation.
Is AHRMA becoming a self propelled Legacy, who spend no time to protect local events, and to force us to attend Mega-events ie: Nationals with entrants 500 +...

My child deserves better than this.

Does the Penton Organization, under guidance from our presidant, wish to send a message to AHRMA?...

Ask a favor, but do not expect the impossible, our president is a fair friend, that we have elected, and I trust him well.

Is AMA, to reel in AHRMA?
This I do not know.

If you read the introductory, in the AHRAMA rulebook, it says we are a member-owned organization.....

Should they read the POG forum? If they do, they would surly understand the message, that is pure......

Thanks, for the posts!

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

tomale

I have to agree with Jon, as a parent. I would not want my son or daughter to race modern bikes. I have a great nephew that is just 18 years of age. he has broken so many bones... I am not sure he even know how many he has broken. His parents do not ride and so no one has really taught him how to ride safely... is it any wonder he has broken so many bones. If he lived a bunch closer and if he was willing I am sure that I could be of some help but alas that is not the case... what is my point as a parent, If my kid is going to ride then what better way than for me to spend time with him riding and and in a venue that allowed him to ride or race in a some what sane setting........Modern racing certainly does not afford that but vintage racing does.....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (finished project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

dennis brown

2years ago i was lucky enough to ride a isdtrr,in ark. with my 2 sons one just back from iraq,this was the best memory i can have,i know my sons are older but that makes no differance,when you get a chance to do things with your kids do it. my dad and brother from texas to watch. so that made it even better.. ahrma needs to grow or it will die.dennis brown  1974 jack piner

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

brian kirby

I'm 39 and I still want to ride with my Dad. I'll get him out with us eventually. My best memories from riding are Dad and I just riding around chasing rabbits and other silly stuff. When I was at the age that  young men start to get into trouble with the law I was more interested in spending time with my Dad because we had so much fun riding.

That is why I want to see AHRMA allow kids to race. I want other kids and Dads to be able to experience what I did, but they should not have to wait until the kid is 16.

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian

[email protected]

pketchum

QuoteOriginally posted by Ernie Phillips
re:  "I had the priviledge of riding with my 16 year old son, Christoipher, at the Combs Warm-up ride, along with my brother, cousin (Baby Brian)and boss.   Brian's enthusiam for the sport has resulted in 4 new  AHRMA members.  We are hooked.  Hope to meet again at New Blaine RR."

Just wanted to mention that these four are all QUALITY, i.e. TOP NOTCH people, and extremely fast!  Young (age 16) Christopher Phillips could not be around a better influence in my opinion.

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

DKWRACER

Mr. Dick Mann......
 It was my honor, to meet with you very personably at the Jenny Ranch  (Steamboat Springs) this past w/e..
We discussed the nature and the direction of AHRMA. (very painfully)
You where also correct that, conversations about directions, should not be, with emails.
I noticed, that you have no email address, does this bother me?
NO.
I have no other prowess, than to give the words of music, and music, is her name.
Thank You,
for being very honest with me,
Tom Brosius
 (center text)

John David Souther
Faithless love like a river flows;
raindrops falling on a broken rose
down in some valley
where nobody goes,
and the night blows in
like the cold, dark wind.
Faithless love like a river flows.
Faithless love where did I go wrong?
Was it telling stories in a heartbreak song
where nobody's right, nobody was wrong?
Faithless love will find you
and the misery entwine you.
Faithless love, where did I go wrong?
Well, I guess I'm standing in the hall of broken dreams;
that's the way it sometimes goes.
Never a new love never turns out like it seems;
It's the feeling comes and goes.
Faithless love like a river flows;
like raindrops falling on a broken rose
down in some valley where nobody goes.
Faithless love has found me,
thrown its chilly arms around me.
Faithless love like a river flows.

Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Hi Jerry, I have been trying, in earnest to interpret all of the emotional statements in the latest issue of VV...

You should know, that the Rocky Mtn. Region is now under the contol of Rob Stickler.
I have whitnessed some very arguementative emails within our region.

I think the arguement for youth racing is understood.

AHRMA has made a statement about the litigious implications.....

Members of our Region are very concerned about all of the issues, and I don't think we can continue without the support of AHRMA.......

But I am not a spokesperson for the Rocky Mnt. Region.

Somewhere, in the middle, is a racer who wants to go racing and to see new sucess avenues for both the promoter and the sanctioning body.

I am one of those racers.

These posts are a reflection of traditional values, and all are appreciated.

I thing the POG is well represented in historical values and the importance of establishing and bestowing value to the next generation...

Will balance be re-established?

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Joe Murphy

I do not understand why the AHRMA thinks that minors will suffer injury racing vintage bikes and tracks.  I have not ridden many vintage races but none of them have had doubles or points on the track that launch you into a possible landing on the flat front of a jump.. vintage racing has to be safer for young riders than a "modern mx track".
I think pit riders are a lot more dangerous than racing.
Joe Murphy

Pentons
Maicos
Rokons

454MRW

I agree that youth and MX riding causes a lot more injury than a vintage ride. My 11 year old wants to race MX, and I would feel a lot better about him racing if he could be allowed to participate in a vintage ride on a modified-(lowered) 1976 MC5 Penton 175 that I am building for him. He previously had a 2002 Ho#%a XR100R that wasn't fast enough to satisfy him, and would like to have a KTM SX85. In my opinion, the vintage trail riding builds confidence, quick thinking, and balance skills, that would help him later with MX if I decide to support him in racing that type of competition. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

socalmx

Most of us were minors when we started racing on bikes and tracks that are refered to as vintage today. Sure there were crashes and injuries but the stakes back then were not as high as they are today if you crash. I think it is foolish for AHRMA to dis-allow the younger kids to race.

chicagojerry

these are the type of open discussions that the "powers that be" of AHRMA need to hear.  i have a letter published in the current issue of AHRMA's vintage views that discusses some of these very issues. in order for the organization to move forward and thrive, we need to be able to involve young riders and help to mentor them. i believe that the board of trustees has the authority to preclude youth racing, though i strongly disagree with that stance. but i resent the notion that they use the "unacceptable liability" as a convenient excuse. there is certainly adequate insurance available as is demonstrated coast to coast at any given racetrack every weekend. i hope that AHRMA can recover from  the devisiveness of this ruling and i will continue to speak out on this issue. thanks to everyone for the input.:)    chi jer

Mick Milakovic

Being a father of five, four of whom have at least tried racing, allows me to make some choices for my kids and sometimes those choices are not what they want.  

My youngest son just outgrew his RM65, and I told him I wasn't going to buy him a "modern" 85 bike, but would still get him a long-travel 80cc post-vintage bike.  He can still jump, and the best part is he will travel where I go and race the regional and "outlaw" races that I race.  If he gets good enough, he can beat kids at modern races with his vintage bike.  After all, if Ricky Charmichael rode my 390 Husky and I was on his 450, we all know who would win!

I'm with you guys, let the kids ride vintage!

Mick