Who's Racing @ Mid-Ohio

Started by Ernie Phillips, July 16, 2007, 02:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

Who is going to be racing at Mid-Ohio?  Please introduce yourself here as well as stop by and visit with us at the race.  Race days seem to be so rushed that I never get to meet all the folks that I wanted to ...

44u Christopher Phillips 125 Classic - Novice,  Six Day
50v Ernest Phillips 125 Classic - Inter., Big Bore Berkshire
                    +50 Sportsman - Large Maico

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

k4uu

I will racing post vintage on Sunday on a 76 175 Penton.  Hope to be picking up 3 new to me bikes while there.  I wanted to race my 250 Hare Scrambler but don't quite have it finished.

Gary Hext
Bowling Green, KY
74 Six Days
76 Jackpiner
73 250 Hare Scrambler
mc5 400
Wassel

Gary Hext
Gary Hext

Lew Mayer

Ernie,
I'll be riding a Penton in the trial on Friday. I'll try to find y'all on Sat. I'm sure I'll see you at Penton Central.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

bentrims

Ernie,
I will see you at the line for the 125 classic class on Saturday. We will probably gate together since the class is never to filled.
Tom Benolkin
Andover, MN

125 6 Days with modern KTM trim.
Classic 125
Sportsman 125
40+
Unlimited Age

(Can one little bike survive it all)???

pketchum

Hi Ernie,

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Christopher again.  Both of you will be amazed at seeing VMD.  I'll be racing my late model (blue frame/orange tank) Hodaka 100cc Super Rat in the 125cc Sportsman Open Intermediate class on Saturday.  Paul Stannard from Strictly Hodaka will also be running his 100cc hybrid Super Rat.  He and I are fierce competitors and of the same skill level so we're having our annual rematch at VMD (may the best man win)!  Expect us to put on a good show for the crowd at the back of the pack of 125's.  However, it will be fun to pick off many of the 125's for bragging rights!

Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

lobo6y

Hi Tom B!

Haven't been able to get here for ages, but just logged in and saw your M-O posts.
Look forward to seeing you there as part of the festivities.  

We have near 900 vintage and post vintage MX entries for the weekend, and you will have 23 Classic 125s to race with, representing 13 different brands of motorcycles from the late 60' - early 70s (highest representation from Pentons....!).  What a great class!

See you there!
Dave janiec

chicagojerry

welcome back to the forum dave! good to see you here. there is a wealth of information and great discussions of all things penton and a lot of things of interest to the entire vintage bike community. again, welcome back. see you at mid-ohio   chi jer

Mick Milakovic

Ambr will be on "Black Beauty" and I'll be on my 390 Husky, both in Sunday's PV racees.

Mick

bentrims

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you! I have not been to VMD for 5 or 6 years. It will be nice to feel the aura of Mid-O and know racing is alive and well.

Bwab,

It will be fun to run against some well know speedsters AND youngsters. Next year I can enter the 50+ class too! Hope their ready cuz this old guy is doing around 50-60 pull-ups & sit-ups/day and riding too!
See you at Penton central.
Tom B

Ernie Phillips

Hey guys and gals  --- its almost race day!  I'm excited.  Had some bike troulbe over the weekend but better to get it fixed now than have a DNS/F.

Tom B,  To race in 50+ you'll have to swap those push-ups for donuts.  See you at the gate -- I'll be gunning for the hole shot ... but don't worry, the donut factor will kick in ... and I'll fade faster than a ... motosplat.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

bentrims

Hey Ernie,
Whats a big bore Berkshire?? A 125?
Cant wait to see it!

See you there.
TB

Ernie Phillips

Tom,  The BB Berkshire is a 125 - 5A.  The engine came out of my Steel Tanker, which originated in Texas.  Who knows what those cowboys have done to the engine over all those years.  When this engine was in the Steel Tanker, I was running 13/64 sprocket combo and although geared extremely low -- row the gearbox and she goes.  When put in the CMF, I started with 13/54 but the little motor could not pull my big butt out of the corners ...  I'm now running 13/60 ... and we'll just have to see what happens. She is pretty peppy.  And shifts good too!  And I got new Works shocks. And a new tall seat and new tars ... Dang, if I can't run mid-pack or better -- no excuses.

Phil,  don't tell the other Super Rats about my cheater motor.  See you at the races.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

bentrims

My rocket Penton is now on 14/58 but I am waiting for a 59T to have it right where I want it for Mid-O.

Ernie Phillips

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

rob w

RACE OF CHAMPIONS - Vintage MX
Sat. 12:30
Expected to attend:

Tony DiStefano
Brad Lackey
Danny LaPorte
Rick Johnson
Gary Jones
Billy Liles
Andy Stacy
Grahman Noyce
Gary Semics
Mickey Kessler
Marty Smith
Tommy Croft
Ron Lechien
Rick Seimman
Marty Tripes
Jeff Smith
Dick Mann
John DeSoto
Jimmy Weinert
Mike Bell
Rex Staten
Donnie Hansen

Man, that's quite a list. If even half of them attend and race, it'll be the most star studded cast of legends, than we've ever seen at VMD.