Rupp RMX 125's

Started by rob brown, August 15, 2007, 09:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob brown

Hi folks. Newbie poster here. I recently found a couple of Rupp RMX 125's in a barn. They were in the midst of several old bikes, but I grabbed them because they were easy to get out! I will go back for the other units. I am not interested in restoring them, as I have a business that takes ALL my time nowadays. I'm wanting to find a good home for them. My trouble is that I have always been an orphanage for old bikes; can't stand to see them go to waste.  Pics are available is anyone is interested. Price is fair for what I think are somewhat rare(r) bikes. Anyone with additional info is welcomed! This is a great sight and I respect your opinions. I do wonder if there is any Penton legacy or connection, as I believe they originated in Amherst, Ohio. Will also post on ruppbikes.com at a later date.  I brought home a 78 Can Am Fun Machine too. Anyone need that bike? Thanks again.

[email protected]

paul

Hey, whats a fun machine? Hell all my bikes are fun when they run. Yeah , I'd like to have a look at the Rupps. My first bike so the lil Rupps are close to my heart. Please email the pics to me at [email protected] thanks, Paul

rob brown

Paul,

I remember your email address. We spoke some time ago ago about a bike, but I can't remember what it was!

I looked up the VIN on the Can Am site and it actually does come up as a "Fun Machine". I don't know what it means either...

Will send pics tomorrow, but a couple are posted on my dealership website under the used section. You may wish to look at them first. These Rupps are the largest made by Rupp just prior to their demise. They had Sachs 125 B motors, I believe. I understand they were ok in their day, atl east that's what I read on Eurospares. Website is //www.piedmont-motorsports.com

Thanks,
Rob

chicagojerry

can am fun machines were made up of leftover parts like tnt's that they pieced together and sold for less$$ thats what they were actually called too. "fun machines" . oh remember the days when all the old bike models had names instead of just number and letter designations. harescrambler, mint, jackpiner, berkshire, six days, elsinore, cyclone, victor, goldstar, baja, and then there were all the crazy names for the various hodaka models. it sure is fun to still  reflect on those old days. [8D]   chi jer

rob brown

Thanks ChiJer! This is a great site for quick and accurate info. I knew of Qualifiers, tnt's, etc., but not a "Fun Machine". I raced an 86 200 ASE, but the 87 was the best. I also found in the same barn a combat wombat w/o suspension, and a "Kammi" with a Hodaka motor. Something about Combat Wombat that is still fun to say! lol

imported_n/a

Rob,
I might be interested in the Combat Wombat? I had about 7 or 8 Hodies, If memory serves me. Most fun for the buck actually bought a couple new and just plain wore em out, Wow what fun. I'm going away next week but I'll check back sure curious about the Combat?
Cappy