Mid Ohio-Thanks!

Started by Kip Kern, July 29, 2007, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

al, as always,it was good to see you.  Gods peace to your brother and the rest of the your families..      chi jer

Paul Danik

I wanted to say this earlier but time slipped away.

Thanks to all of you who brought bikes to display at Pentonville and along Penton Lane.   We had a nice mixture of machines this year.  

We had two bikes deserving of the Ted Penton Technical award this year.  Jake Fischer built a beautiful Hiro powered Penton in enduro trim using the same equipment that he used to win many enduros in his day.  Jake took pictures of Pat's Hiro last year to get some idea as to how to install the engine and make the other modifications that were needed.  Jake said he built the bike as his way of thanking John Penton and the Penton Owners Group for what they have done over the years.  That is pretty neat coming from a guy who mostly rode Huskies.

Jay Cobb built a really neat mini Penton that he branded the Half-Piner.  The Half-Piner really attracted a lot of attention over the weekend and I heard several folks ask what year did Penton sell those machines, that is quite a compliment to Jay's handy work and I am sure that Jay's Uncle John would have been proud to see his creation.

To all of you who brought machines, to Jake and Jay who built special machines, and to everyone else who helped in any way to make this years vintage days such a special event for us POGGERS, THANKS!!!
Paul