Helmet cam footage 2007 RR

Started by john durrill, November 20, 2007, 07:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

One of the Vinduro members had a helmet cam in use during the 2007 RR. He has figured out how to upload the files to YouTube, I think the shortcut below was day 1's first special test. Hope you folks enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45T-pQsHhqc
John D.

454MRW

The same guy has a video that shows our own Phast Phil diving into the turn and blocking him when he unfortunately locked up the transmission on his Hercules in the 4th turn. It's AHRMA motocross day2 28 Oct. 07 New Blain AR in the video listings. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

slvrbrdfxr

Mike,
Yes, that's a pretty cool video of the Sunday MX. First time I watched the clip was like deja vous. When Phast Phil went down, I had a front row seat of the incident because it happened right in front of me also. I was right behind the cameraman(Chuck Mayfield) and narrowly missed the back wheel of Phil's bike. I didn't get slowed up quite as much as Chuck but a few guys did manage to pass me on the  outside during this little mishap. Chuck passes me about half a lap later when I make a bobble coming out of a left hand corner. Chuck is hot on the tail of Larry Perkins (#242)for much of the rest of the video. That weekend was alot of fun and am really looking forward to next year !!
Dave McCullough

pketchum

Phast Phil here.  Just wanted to say THANKS to everyone for missing me when my tranny locked up.  I knew I was taking a chance with the tranny as it had been making noisy metallic sounds for the past 8 trail miles + the 2 miles to Duane Milsaps place for the Grass Track special test.  I was really fired up to get such a good start on my Speedy built 1976 Herc 175 against the horde of other vintage enthuasiasts hot on my tail.  When the tranny locked the rear end just slid out on me and I balled up hoping no one would run me over.  Thankfully, not one of you did and I have to give everyone credit for his.  I'm really sorry the cameraman was held up as long as he was.  

I'm sitting here tonight at the in-laws place reading the Hercules engine rebuild manual I won on eBay from fellow ISDTRR competitor/friend Keith Taylor. Yes, I have a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving!

Phast Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka