Gas cap with a vent hose to fit Pentons?

Started by t20sl, September 13, 2007, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Anyone know of a gas cap that will work on 125's that has a vent hose instead of the pinholes on the underside? thanks

TGTech

The only option that I know of, was the Preston Petty caps. And I'm not sure where you've find one of them today.

Dane

Merlin

.........I have 2 like this cast Circle Industries type and another similar but billet and machined tabs instead of the bolted in bar. I have considered getting a new run of castings  and producing these vent hose type caps. What do you guys think, are enough of you interested??.............

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

checkcrew

Merlin, if they are not priced off the wall i could use 6 of them, let us know, thanks, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

tomale

Yes I could use a few as well, as long as the price it not beyond what the wallet will bare... by the way that cap fits a number of other bikes too... the same cap is also on my Maico's and is sought after... there are after market caps but they do not look like this one...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

socalmx

The Circle Industries cap will fit because I remember swapping out one for a Penton cap on my plastic desert tank.

imported_n/a

Count me in! Would like one for my 74 harescrambler!
Had a few Maicos back in the day and on the big bores vented caps were the way to go.