Home page photo

Started by Paul Danik, September 30, 2007, 08:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The home page photo is interesting and significant for several reasons. (You can enlarge the picture by clicking on it).

First off, it is interesting to see Grandpap Jack Penton along with his son, observing Jack's Grandson riding a KTM. Now if you look at the person riding the mower in the background, you will be looking at the Great Grandpap of the rider on the KTM, yep, that is John Penton on the mower.

The other significant item about this picture is the location, a few years ago John was looking for a project and he came across this farm that was completely overgrown with trees, weeds and brambles.  It had been neglected for many, many years after having been a potato farm.  John bought the property, did some renovations to the home and buildings, then he set out to clear the property. He is routinely armed with a number of chainsaws, a bulldozer, a backhoe, and a gut full of determination. I have been out to the farm a number of times and what JP has done would make a man half his age buckle. JP laughs as he tells of some of the fires that they have had going, burning brush and tree limbs.

When talking with JP about his family riding on the property that now looks like a park, he said, "Just seeing my family out there riding and picnicking together that day was all the pay I needed for all the time and work I put into that farm".

Hope you guys and gals enjoy the picture.

Paul

Rain Man

Oh ya Paul, Katooms.. the way life should be.;)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

DKWRACER

Hi Paul, of interest, there is no "Typeface" that can replace a picture. Johann Guthenberg invented moveable metal type, never in his wildest dreams, would come the internet.

In that picture, is a Foundry, objects that are moulded together forever.

Thanks for the picture!

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

wfopete

Good stuff. But what we really want to know is what kind of lawn tractor is John Penton riding?

Pete Petrick
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Doug Wilford

John only buys the best he can find, his mower is from "Tractor Supply"  I am pretty sure it is their top of the line "Husky".

Paul Danik

Rob,

4 Pentons, a KTM and a "Husky" are in the picture now:)

Paul

brian kirby

How cool will it be to see a Penton start showing up in motorcycle race results again?

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian