Kevin Lavoie critical

Started by Jeff D, October 29, 2001, 06:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

The lone sad note to the ISDT Reunion Ride is that former Penton team rider Kevin Lavoie suffered a very serious heart attack shortly after completing his grass track moto on Sunday.  Kevin's heart stopped and thanks to aggressive paramedic intervention on the scene, he was transported to Mineral Area Hospital with a strong blood pressure and pulse.  After additional stabilization he was air-lifted to Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis where he remains in critical condition in the cardiac intensive care unit.  His parents are driving out and should arrive this evening and other family members were able to secure air flights today.  Ron Lamastus stayed with Kevin at Barnes-Jewish until 0300 this morning, and Ron Ribolzi and Dave Mungenast will be taking care of Kevin's family when they arrive in St. Louis.
Kevin is strong as an ox, but he still needs all of our prayers and support to get through this especially grueling special test.  I've known Kevin as a friend and fellow enduro rider since I was 14 years old, and he told me this weekend that he's had the time of his life at the past two Reunion Rides.  Please pray that he is able to be with us next year.
Jeff DeBell

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

grandpaul

Dear Lord Jesus, we pray for the recovery of Keven from this heart attack, we also pray for all of his family that You would give them a complete peace and assurance that You are in control of the situation. Lord, we pray for there to be no permanent damage from this attack and that You will give him a speedy recovery; You are the Almighty Healer and Creator, we trust You to honor your word that You promised, taking our infirmities upon Yourself. Thank you Lord that You are able and willing to do this, in Jesus' name, AMEN!

GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at //www.delphi.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at //www.delphi.com/grandpaul
GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/grandpaul

Steve Minor

Steve Minor

Dwight Rudder

AMEN

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Larry Perkins