Vintage Iron World Championships

Started by Lloyd Boland, October 12, 2007, 03:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Boland

Anyone riding at the Vintage Iron World Championships this year.  It is on Saturday, 11/03/07 at Glen Helen.  It will be run in conjuction with the Vet World Championship.

Rain Man

Lloyd, I'm not planing on racing or going but do they use the same course as the regular race??
 I know when they race Vintage @ Southwick 338, they  don't use the usual course.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lloyd Boland

Over the past several years, they used the same Nation track that the Pros used, but they would not go all the way to the top of "Mt. St. Helen" and they always made it vintage friendly by designing a course without huge jumps, etc.  It has always been a very fun and challenging event.  Glen Helen has 2 tracks, the "National Track" and a back track (AKA REM track).  This year the Pro Nations (with Langston, Ferry, Alessi, etc absent Carmical and Steward) were extended and they combined both tracks making it one large track.  This year, with the White Bros Vet World Championship running in conjunction with the Vintage Iron World Championships, the Vets are on the front "National track" and the Vintage races will be on a "New" vintage track.  Next weekend we will be racing a local vintage preview race on the same track that the Vintage Iron race will be on.  They have an uphill that is labled "Mt. Whitney" that should be fun.  The races are always well run and they usually have some of the old "Famous" guys show up.  You might want to check out the Vintage Iron web site. The Vintage race is 11/03 and the Vet Race is 11/03 and 11/04.  They also have a bike show and there will be a premier of the movie "One Chance to Win" about the 1975 AMA 500cc battle.  Sounds cool.  I have raced this many times with a few wins, but this year I have to work on 11/03 and won't be able to make it.  I sure hope we can get some Penton/KTM (MC5)representation.

VICTOR MONZ

I am dissapointed I will not be able to defend my 2 years going intermediate Classic 125 Class World Title, due to my broken leg.

It is possible Bruce McDougal will show with his Six Day make a showing for our Penton and win the expert Classic 125 Class World Title.

The track is always a challege deep ruts, sharps turns and steep hills, always a blast.

I will miss it this year and hope all attendees have a great time.

Victor Monz

Lloyd Boland

Victor, how are you doing?  We certainly missed you the last couple of races.  Hope the leg is coming along.  Look forward to seeing you soon.  I also will not be abe to attend and defend prior wins due to the race being on a Saturday, I have to work.  Again, it is always a good time with great racing.  Hope people can make it.  Oh yeh, Bruce always "smoke 'em".  

Lloyd Boland