Barber

Started by k4uu, October 22, 2007, 04:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k4uu

Barber was the first outing for my 1973 Harescrabler.  I finished up the rebuild last Monday.  I was only able to put about an hour of break-in time on the freshly rebuilt motor, (thanks Kip for a great job), I tried to retighten everything and get the controls adjusted.
Al B. stopped by to take a photo or two and I got ready for the MX.  As the riders meeting was concluding I was totally surprised to be awarded the "Best Era Represemtation" plaque.  It's really great to get an award before you even race the bike, but it's a Penton.  Thanks to all who helped me, I never could have won the award without Teddy Landers and his award winning nut.

The bike went great but was held back by my lack of ability, but a great time was had by all. I got to see lots of Pentons and made several new friends.  I look forward to Barber next year and their newly built Vintage and PV track and pits.  If you haven't been to Barber your missing a real treat.

Gary Hext
1973 Six Days
1976 Jackpine
1973 Harescramble
1976 Mint 400
Gary Hext

brian kirby

Your 250 was beautiful Gary and I had a good time talking with you, hopefully I'll get to see you race it again before Barber next year.

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian

hotrod392

Gary,
Congratulations on the award. As you know I didn't make Barber due to other obligations, but your bike looked great before you left.
If you get some photos of it, send it in to the webmaster so everyone can see it.
Shane

Knute

Hi Gary,

Good job!  I'd also love to see some pictures of your '73.  If you have any trouble posting them, I would be happy to post them for you as well.

Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

k4uu

There are afew photos of the 73 HareScrambler on my webb site. k4uu.com

Gary

Gary Hext
Gary Hext