Midwest SMOG and POG ride November 4th

Started by Dennis Jones, January 30, 2007, 12:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

Tony Glueck,organizer of the midwest SMOG (Spanish Motorcycle Owners Group) ride has graciously invited Penton owners to join in on the fun the weekend of November 3 & 4 at Little Egypt Off Road (LEOR) riding area near Marion, IL. This site has hosted several AHRMA cross country and trials events as well as modern natioal cross county races and modern regional trials.
Over the years Tony has grown this into a quality vintage weekend. It starts off Saturday with the season finale of the Midwest Vintage Trials series with banguet and year end awards to follow.
Sunday morning starts the official SMOG ride and the first annual Midwest Penton Owners Gathering. We will have our work cut out for us to catch the Spanish guys as they had almost 40 attendies last year with some very,very nice machines. There will be a group ride of 20 to 30 miles over very vintage friendly trails, plenty of trails to explore on your own, Saturdays trials sections will be open to ride, and lots of time to swap parts and tall tales.
Primitive camping is available on site with all the chain lodging and restaraunts in nearby Marion.
I will bring some flyers to the POG meeting at the AMA or feel free to contact me here on the board or email at [email protected] or phone 573-651-0643.
Make plans to attend and RIDE EM, DON'T HIDE EM

Link to LEOR //www.leormc.org
Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

Dennis,
  This sounds like a neat ride.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rd400pi

I take it that this will be the weekend after the ISDTRR?  Cheers.

Mike H.

Dennis Jones

Yes it is the week after the RR.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dennis Jones

BUMP! Bringing this back to the top.

The summers heat wave has finally left and the weather is just right for trail riding. Bring your Penton(s) out for nice ride or just to show off your latest creation. The SMOG guys will have some fine Spanish iron on hand and I hope we can show them some fine Austrian/American hardware.
LEOR is a very nice riding area so bring the whole family for a fun inexpensive good time.
I know October is going to be a very busy month for AHRMA racers so this will be a good to time to slow down, kick back, and enjoy old motorcycles.
Feel free to contact me if you need more info.
573-275-7210

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Mike Lenz

Man, I would like to do that but we have a midwest VMX grass track MX at Walnut IL that weekend...although I think it is on Saterday??????

Dennis Jones

From Walnut turn and go south, you can bringem dirty, we plan to ridem.
Lets here from some of you other POGGERS who live close.
Dave, Dave, Doug, Donny, Gary, Mike, Phil, Phil, Teddy, ect, ect

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

tlanders

That's the last race weekend in the Missouri VMX season at Harpers near Kansas City. It also would be the 6th straight weekend of racing for me which means that even Harpers is in doubt. Moberly, MO, Bremen, GA, Casey, IL, Barber's, AL, ISDTRR, are the 5 consecutive weekends before it!!!! Boy I wish I were retired and not just tired!!!

Teddy

rd400pi

Man, I wish I could do it.  Not only to be with the Penton Bro's but my brother and I have 3 OSSA's as well.  I am committed to a Boy Scout function that weekend.  Oh, by the way, the SMOG guys will be having a big meet in 2008 to celebrate their 20th year, I believe.  I will post some more info later as I get it.  Cheers.

Mike H.
  Tulsa POG

Dennis Jones

This weekend is it. The weather looks great and the trees are statring to get peak color.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones