swing arm slider for 72-75 100/125 CMF bikes

Started by john durrill, October 30, 2007, 01:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

We came up with adaptation of Kents  swing arm protector for the 100/125's. Have 150 miles on it now with 2 days of real testing at the RR. Would anyone like pictures of it? The old Still Keeping Track article by Kent gave us the idea and what materials to use.
John D.

AndyL

John,
I would like to see the swingarm protector.  I have a 125 that will need one soon.

email is [email protected]

AndyL
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

tofriedel

John,

Would it be possible for you to post the design on this site for everyone to look at?

Thanks,

Tony
Tony

checkcrew

John, hi, please email me the pics. as well, thanks, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

john durrill

I dont know how to get a photo uploaded so try this short cut. It is my new photo account.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12809785@N06/1805532367/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12809785@N06/1805531535/
Lets see how this works for us.
John D.

Okie

Hey John thanks for showing those.  do you make them or modify something else.
Thanks
Okie

Have fun and the day will take care of it's self.
Have fun and the day will take care of it\\\'s self.

john durrill

Okie,
 We made it from a sheet of 1/4 inch Teflon. Its bigger than it needs to be but it is out of the way of every thing so I wont trim it till we have the swing arm off next time. Had to use the wifes oven to bend it.
 We tried a torch and that did not work for us. Used 2 pieces of tubing bolted in parallel one through the swing arm ( swing are was sand blasted with no bushes in it ) and one just resting on the teflon. when the whole thing was hot enough ( 450 deg. F ) my son held the parts while i rotated the tubes and the material bent down like soft candy.
 The slider is held on with two nuts we tack welded to the swing arm.
Hope this is clear enough . chuckle chuckle
John D