!975 250 mx --NON-- high breather frame air box

Started by gooddirt, December 02, 2007, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

Does anybody have or know what type to look for ? Or the years this frame was around? Thanks LG

john durrill

Larry,
 You might want to check the frame #. I dont know of any 75 , 250's that were not high breathers. That said. You can use air boxes from 72 to 75 off any CMF frame with some minor mods. It just requires a fiberglass repair kit from an auto parts store. If you need one that is red jelcoated then that would limit the options a lot.  Can you post a picture of the frame you have somewhere so we can get a look at it?
 John D.

gooddirt

John , looked at the vin# 54-511- has reinforced lower steering bearing area. no skid -plate or mounting tabs for one -the frame is the same as a 74.5 to 75 in all other respects but has a larger tab for the fiberglass pipe side panel at mid seat - working on photo- was told that this was last of the 250 one off special production[?][?]But that might be a tall tale. LG

VICTOR MONZ

Larry.

That may have been the KTM 250 Moissev MX model.....I have air box and plastic sidecovers for it with "Moissev World Champion" stickers on it...or smething like that...I am at work and will look tonight if you want.

Got the shocks too....sold the frame and it was a 1975 Low Breather.

Very Rare.......

VM