EVEL KNIEVEL

Started by Larry Perkins, November 30, 2007, 07:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

For those that do not know one of my childhood heroes Evel Knievel died today at 69.  God Speed Evel!

Larry P

Paul Danik

paul

Oh NO!, that explains why I was in such a crappy mood today. I too love Evel. He was THEE man's man. If you have ever rode an XR 750 you would know that he was absolutly crazy to be doing what he did with them. People can say they have the jump record but until I see them jump an XR I dont think its even close to the same. An MX bike compared to the Harley is apples and oranges. God Speed Evel, TooTallPaul

Gavin Housh

Good to see you back Larry. I too loved to watch Evil jump his Harley back in the seventies. Last year I saw a show on History Channel, or may be it was E or Biography. The show was all about Evil and his life. The part I liked was when they showed Evil at the Cow Palace in South San Francisco. It seemed that Evil had made some of the Hells Angels angry and they had shown up at the Cow Palace to voice their dislike for Evil. Evil was doing his pre run past the jump and then turned around pulled a wheelie and went back under the stadium seats. As he rode under the seats you see this guy comming at evil with an object in his hand with intentions of swinging at evil. My recollection is that Evil just ran him over with the bike. Then other Hells Angels swarmed out to attack Evil but they were met buy a throng of Evil's fans that beat the "Hell" out of all those Hells Angels. Evil lived a hard life and part of who he was didn't take mess from anyone. This side of him landed him in jail but he said he would do the same thing if he had to do it over. I liked that about him. We all make choices and we should be able to face the music when we make poor ones. Evil always did. God Speed Evil

lksseven

Evil was an American icon.  Anyone with a sense of history will feel the loss of his presence, whether he/she is a motorcycle fan or not.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time