Six Day decal repro

Started by paul, October 09, 2007, 08:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul

Does anyone know of someone who makes (or has original) reproduction tank decals that came on the top of the steel tankers. I'd forgotten about them until being reminded by one on ebay. I'd like one for my 6 day. It says " Penton Six days, KTM" and has a wreath  around it. thanks, TTPaul

Doug Wilford

If you have a 68 Penton the decal may be authentic, any year or V-number above 1000 it could be questionable.   Year models as we have
said many times is a difficult topic, because changes to the Penton were not held up waiting for a new model year, they were upgraded or changed ASAP. Many and I mean MANY of the upgrades were done here in the states because, of bikes that were in transit when the upgrade came out.   Sorry, I can't help on the decal.   Randy Kirkbride may be able to help tho.
Have Fun,

BobJones

I got one from Al about 6 months ago. My 68/69 is V1056 & it had one(very faded)on the tank.

Bob Jones
Show-me state
(2)74 Harescramblers,72 Jackpiner,68/69 6-Day,73 Harescrambler.

Bob Jones
Show-me state
(2)74 Harescramblers,72 Jackpiner,68/69 6-Day,73 Harescrambler.

Kevin Grimes

Guys, my 1968 Berkshire has the Penton Six Day/ KTM decal on the tank.
 That bike is serial number V271.
                                Kevin

ABORN

Paul:  The tank that was on the Berkshire that I found about 3 years ago had a Penton decal on the tank.  It had the names of the 6-Day team for 1968 on it also.  It came off V893.  As it is a Berkshire,that may not be the decal that you are talking about.  I guess that tank is in Italy now as I sold it at Mid-Ohio last summer.  It is the one that had the bullet hole in it and NO, I wasn't riding it when that occured.  Good luck on finding what you want.  Al Born

Edd 44k

I have red Berkshire tank with decal. For sale as is all my 125 stuff. No time for racing.
Edd 847 692 9337

Lot of Penton parts for sale.  Inquire via email.
Lot of Penton parts for sale.  Inquire via email.