1974 6day -who has 'em? and what color paint?

Started by lksseven, December 04, 2007, 05:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lksseven

Hi Guys!

I have 2 questions ...

1)  I don't see much discussion ever on the 1974 6day 125cc .... who's got one besides me?  I love love love  that model.

2)  I've searched the archives, but cannot find a reference for the green paint code used for the tank and side panels.  I'm wanting to paint a spare side panel, and have it match as closely as possible.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

DKWRACER

Hi Larry, posted to my website is PPG 44623, I think that code came from a pogger. Have not tried it, maybe it is correct...Chakka has a beautifull 6 Days, perhaps we will hear from him, also have not found a spray bomb OTC to try, but still we try.

Good to hear from you! Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

lksseven

Hi Tom!  I had chili Sunday night!!!  Yummy!

I'll investigate the PPG44623, thank you.

I just had Doug W. go through my well-used and panting Sachs heart, and make it like new again.  Now that he's taken care of the 'inner beauty', I'm looking for some makeup for the 'outer beauty'.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale

lksseven

By the way, my frame # is 40775251.  Who do I send that information to, to contribute to the Production Guide list?

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale

wade195

Larry

The frame # on mine is 40170624. My bike was only about 50 percent complete when I got it. the tank and air box were there but thats it. I bought side covers from Mr Brosius and had my pieces painted by one of my friends at work. The hunter green was close but Ehhh? I finaly have all the pieces for mine and almost all reconditioned exept for the rims polished and assembled. If they were done and my pipe was painted I could probably do my final assembly.

I had thought of trading it off to someone who would do my 73 November built Harescrambler since I will probably never ride it due to my size but? Smiles.

Let me know who you are doing on yours.

God Bless and keep

Doug Wade
Lavergne Tn

slvrbrdfxr

Larry,
I'll be glad to hook you up with the guy that did the paint work on my 75 400 Mint. He can use either the paint code supplied by Tom or I have a NOS green six day MX tank that he might be able to scan for a paint code. I'll bet he can get it right on the money. Just let me know.
Dave McC

Chakka

Hi Larry,

I have the code taken off the can of 2 part poly I painted my 74' Six Day with. Its a shade brighter than the forest green but it was matched off the underside of a tank I have. Tom, thanks for the kind words but I am an amateur compared to you guys. Larry, I can send pictures if you'd like

can info:

Limco
FM WE5768 Step 1/1
Green Limco 3 1 pt.
VOC:4.0 Suffix A
LB105 25.6
LB205 38.5
LB303 302.0
LB401 305.2
LB900 328.4
LMC 478.5
Stock # 77472

Ron

Hi Larry,
I painted my bike with the PPG# 44623 GM North America Green.
If you search the archive's under "Finally Done" you can see a couple pic's of the color.
I used a single stage urethane on mine.
My cap leaks a bit and so far the gas hasn't bothered the paint.
Hope you like it.
RonW

gooddirt

Larry S. please look under  Wanted /Forsale  at the -1974.5 SIX-DAY PHOTO posting for some paint info- near end of first page I have another posting. Maybe of some help as well .LG

lksseven

thanks for all the advice/help, guys.   I'll get it sorted and let you know how it went down.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale

lksseven

Ron,

your restore is gorgeous.  Truly beautiful.   How you had much opp to run it hard yet?

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale

Ron

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the encouragement.
I've had it out to the MX track a couple times.
They have a "Vet" track (no doubles) but it's not a vintage track, so I have to slow way down in the whoops, but otherwise its a blast.
Only problem is, everyone else is ridding modern bikes. I still make'm work to pass me though. Some of them anyway, LOL
RonW