2008 Dates

Started by Bamamarc, December 03, 2007, 06:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamamarc

It is time for me to put down my vacation time for next year. Any dates for the 2 Day Warmup and the Reunion Ride.
Thanks Marc
72 Six Day
74 Harescrambler

Paul Danik

Mark,

The ISDT Reunion Ride will be Friday October 31, and Sat. & Sunday November 1st and 2nd, 2008

Paul

Dwight Rudder

I hope you are kidding.  If so I can't attend. I was told earlier it was Oct 24, 25, 26.  The biggest enduro in the country is the weekend of Nov 2nd. The Gobbler Getter , Maplesville, AL.  They had 626 riders at the event a month ago.  Put on by the Perry Mtn Motorcycle Club.
Worried,
Dwight

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,

Just wanted to make a post to clarify. The dates for the 2008 ISDT RR will be Fri. Oct. 31 and Sat/Sun Nov. 1st and 2nd hosted by the Tulsa Trail Riders at the John Zink Ranch in Sand Springs, Oklahoma. These dates are one week later than announced at this year's RR. Sorry for the delay in posting this info but I had to wait until getting the official word from Vern Street that these new dates were firm with the folks that run the Zink Ranch. I spoke with Vern this afternoon and the dates above have now been agreed to by the Zink Ranch. Ron Ribolzi and Vern agreed to move the event back by one week because of a couple scheduling concerns. The first concern is that opening day of 2008 Oklahoma rifle season for deer starts the weekend the event was originally scheduled. Back in 2004 this was a problem because rifle season started the weekend we had the RR that year too. As it turned out in 2004, we inadvertantly ran the Saturday morning trail through a few hunting leases out on the ranch and it made some hunters pretty mad. As soon as we were notified of this we changed the route slightly so we didn't enter any of the leases for the remainder of the weekend. As a matter of safety for the riders, we felt it best not to have this issue in play for the 2008 event. The second concern was a Black Jack Enduro event scheduled Oct. 26th in Oklahoma City which is the same weekend as the original RR dates. This same schedule conflict with a Black Jack event occured back in 2004 and so many of the TTR members who ride the Black Jack Enduro Circuit for points were unable to attend the RR. This stretched our membership pretty thin to work check points and etc back at the 2004 RR so once again we felt moving the event back by one week was a better fit for TTR as the hosting club. I hope this helps clarify the reason for the change of dates but please contact me if you need more info. We are really looking forward to hosting the RR 2008 and sorry for any scheduling problems this has created but it just couldn't be helped. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and we'll see you at the Zink Ranch in 2008 !!

Dave McCullough
Tulsa Trail Riders

Dwight Rudder

Sorry, You won't see me or about 5 other ISDT/E riders. There is no way that I can miss the Gobbler Getter Enduro. My wife is Sec/Tres of the SERA and that is the weekend of the big year end Council meeting and also the weekend that the AMA conducts risk management for the SETRA and SERA and FTR clubs.  I hate to miss it but I have no choice but to do so. You also may have a problem with riders with kids as that is Halloween weekend. How about the weekend after ?
       Rats,
Dwight

slvrbrdfxr

Dwight,
I understand about the other commitments and sorry you and some others may not be able to attend. At this point I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done. I know there is a Black Jack event down in Red River, TX on the weekend you suggested so changing dates again isn't an option for same reason as stated earlier. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Dave McCullough