It's Official! CC to Mid-Ohio!

Started by Mick Milakovic, December 06, 2007, 12:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

AHRMA posted the 2008 event schedule today, and Mid-Ohio is hosting a cross country event!  Thanks to everyone that had a hand and voice in getting this going, and good luck to Teddy as the coordinator next year!

Mick

chicagojerry

i have gone there three times in the last six weeks to do some preliminary work for a layout to make sure that we would have sufficient mileage while still being cognizant of the trials sections so that we can coexist with the trials guys too. there are still some loose ends to finalize including, i believe,the contractual issues between ahrma, ama, and mid-ohio. we may even be able to tie it in to the mx course. but at this point in time it is looking promising enough to include it on the schedule, at least thats my understanding of it all. i will enjoy seeing a CC at vmd and look forward to doing the layout. the woods are really good. living only an hour away enables me to be able to get there as often as necessary to ensure a quality course layout. special thanks to will stoner, paul danick, (who acted as a liason to get me started with will) adam fisher and dave schwall from mid-ohio sports car course. adam and dave have been very helpful and assure me that i can come there almost anytime after the snow is gone in the spring to work on it. and to teddy landers for the persistance to make sure that i kept plugging away to try to make it happen. for months there were MANY phones calls that were made and not returned but it has finally been coming together. :)    chi jer

Lew Mayer

Thanks for your efforts, Jerry. Guess I won't be riding trials this year. Cross-country, fer sure.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

vmxracer

Thanks so much, Jerry, any idea how many miles long the course will be?

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

chicagojerry

preliminary mileage within the property boundaries as i know them are at least 2 miles of woods. i think that i can get more but i won't know until i can get into it a little more in-depth in the spring. that does not include going from the woods unto the mx course which should add a decent amount more mileage and present some more action for any spectators. again, this is all tentative but its loking pretty good...  jerry