1968 Penton 100 on eBay

Started by tooclose racing, November 30, 2007, 12:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Hellooo Poggers. When I saw the location was Syracuse AND the background wall looked familiar (I live in Oswego, NY), I just had to inquire.  This bike is located at Fred's Sport Motors in Syracuse, owned and operated by a real original himself - Mr. Fred Desantis.  He tells me that he only carried Pentons for a few years at his dealership.  He was also the east coast Rickman-Metisse distributor, and sold just about all of the Euro marques at one time or another. He was - of course - a racer himself, but I think mostly asphalt.  More recently, when I did my Yamaha/Ducati roadracing thing in Canada/NE US, he was very supportive (racer's discount!) of my efforts.  

The 1968 Penton was bought by a customer new (back then) and then traded back in several years later for something else.  Fred had it stored in one of his buildings ever since.  

Just thought a few of the empire state members might recognize his name or the dealership. As I write this, the bike has reached $2600, with about 36 hours left to go.

paul

Hey, Its got to be worth all of that. Neat bike....you should invest in it. There probrobly wont be a lot of those around nowdays especially for sale.TTP

tooclose racing

No thank you...I already have my first Penton, sitting under the Christmas tree so to speak!

But somebody sure wanted it..the price reached $3150 at end of auction.  Maybe we will see this one show up, all and shiny and restored at Mid-Ohio in the near future!

Kip Kern

What was the final selling price on the "68"?  It was gone from my "watching" folder.;)

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Thanks Ron!  Happy Holidays!

firstturn

Kip,
  Happy Holidays to you and your Family.  Thanks for all you do for the people who are restoring Pentons.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh