Corduroy Enduro Website

Started by corduroyenduro, December 30, 2007, 02:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corduroyenduro

Hello everyone,
I' m looking to hook up with past riders of the Corduroy Enduro, I'm running a website for the event (//www.corduroyenduro.ca ) and am trying to bring it's great history to light including the participation of the US riders/Penton Family. I am hoping to contact those who might have pics and or stories from the event that could be shared with all on the website. Oh by the way, I'm actively looking for a Penton to restore /ride and show :) Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Rain Man

Welcome to the Penton Owner Group Ed, I dont know anything about the corduroy enduro, but I think speedy does...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

corduroyenduro

Thanks for the welcome Raymond, I've known Helmut(Speedy) for quite a while now and he has already offered to supply some history/photos etc from the event. I'm hoping that I can get some more info on the Penton side of things concerning the Cord as well. After all the Penton family won the event 9 times with John Penton winning 5 different times, Jeff and Jack won the event once each and Tom won the event twice. Riders on Pentons won the overall 7 times Jeff, Jack and Tom all were on Pentons (John won on BMW's and NSU's) I believe the other Penton winners were Max Markowitz (twice) and Leroy Winters.  The Penton Motorcycle still holds the lead in overall wins over the 53 years the event has been held. Any additional info on the Pentons involvement will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed....

TGTech

Ed(?),

If you go to the Penton Racing page, there are some stories from Tom Penton about our Corduroy experiences.

Dane

Paul Danik

Ed,

I would suggest that you use the search feature of this website to examine earlier posts about the Corduroy, the search feature is located in the upper right hand area of this page.

There may also be some information contained in the John Penton book that would be of interest to you, possibly you already have the book.

I have a trophy from the Cord ,but I never rode it.  The Winters Family used to donate trophies that their Dad Leroy had won in the Cord as team awards at the ISDT Reunion Ride. A few years back our team was awarded a trophy with the following inscription,

Canadian Championship
       Corduroy Run
    100cc Class Champion
      British Empire M C

I think Leroy may have been on his Honda when he won this award, but that is just an assumption on my part.

The trophy is rather small in size, but it is large in significance.

Good luck,
Paul

PS  I see that Dane was posting as I was writing.

corduroyenduro

Thanks Paul,

You assumption is correct, Leroy was riding a Honda 90 in 1965, he dropped 107 points for the event compared to the High Point (John Penton) 51 points. For a lot of us up here a trophy from the Cord is something to strive for, I hold my trophies from the Cord in very very high regard.

Ed Strohak

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

Ed,

I would suggest that you use the search feature of this website to examine earlier posts about the Corduroy, the search feature is located in the upper right hand area of this page.

There may also be some information contained in the John Penton book that would be of interest to you, possibly you already have the book.

I have a trophy from the Cord ,but I never rode it.  The Winters Family used to donate trophies that their Dad Leroy had won in the Cord as team awards at the ISDT Reunion Ride. A few years back our team was awarded a trophy with the following inscription,

Canadian Championship
       Corduroy Run
    100cc Class Champion
      British Empire M C

I think Leroy may have been on his Honda when he won this award, but that is just an assumption on my part.

Good luck,
Paul

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Rain Man

Welcome to the Penton Owner Group Ed, I dont know anything about the corduroy enduro, but I think speedy does...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Yes,..Speedy did send fast-Ed to our Penton group for help.:D

Helmut"Speedy"Clasen
 Ontario Canada
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/vindurospeedy
2 x Sachs MC-GS 250-7A
1 x Hercules 350-7A 77
2 x Hercules 250-7A 76
2 x Hercules 250-7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS 72-73

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by corduroyenduro

Thanks Paul,

You assumption is correct, Leroy was riding a Honda 90 in 1965, he dropped 107 points for the event compared to the High Point (John Penton) 51 points. For a lot of us up here a trophy from the Cord is something to strive for, I hold my trophies from the Cord in very very high regard.

Ed Strohak

And they look like this::D

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

Ed,

Canadian Championship
       Corduroy Run
    100cc Class Champion
      British Empire M C

Good luck,
Paul

Helmut"Speedy"Clasen
 Ontario Canada
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/vindurospeedy
2 x Sachs MC-GS 250-7A
1 x Hercules 350-7A 77
2 x Hercules 250-7A 76
2 x Hercules 250-7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS 72-73