Swap Meet at Pa.

Started by hankthecrank, January 23, 2008, 08:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hankthecrank

Hello all. I've been waiting to hear about the swap meet this past weekend. Did anyone attend? Obviously I did not. How about deals on parts? The pack rat in me is literally quivering with a need to know! Thanks, Hank.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Paul Danik

Hank,

They had what had to be the largest vendor turnout ever, I believe that vendors from 6 states or more were in attendance, both buildings were filled. AL Buehner and his better half were in attendance and seemed to always have folks at their booth.

One of the more interesting items that I saw being wheeled out was an early Husky bolt together rolling chassis. I think Lew and his gang picked up all the Penton parts deals:D

One of the highlights for me was being introduced to Triumph racer Bob Sholly who held AMA national number 98A out of Camp Hill, PA , he held court telling of his adventures at such places as Heidelberg and Daytona racing with the likes of Dick Mann, Gary Nixon and many others who I read about as a kid when I was supposed to be doing my homework:) He is a true gentleman and a very interesting person.

I really enjoyed getting to meet and talk with a lot of you POG members at the event.  Most of these guys tell me that they read the message board daily and really appreciate all of the great information and stories that all of you provide them.

York to me is mostly about the fine people.  Thanks to all who helped to put the event on.  AND, thanks to Will Stoner who started this fine event many years ago and who give it up when he took on his new position.

Paul