Vintage Hare Scramble this weekend

Started by Jeff D, January 08, 2008, 01:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

For POG members in Kansas and western Missouri, here's a chance to ride this weekend, January 13th.
I am hosting the 3rd round of the MOVMX winter hare scrambles series.  Laid out course on Sunday and it is right at 5 miles, all virgin course, everything from grass track to tight woods, several creek crossings (nothing too deep) and you will use every gear in your transmission at some point on the course.
Format is GP...45 minute scramble, intermission, 2nd 45 minute scramble.  For info and class structure go to //www.movmx.com.
Venue is 80 acres I have out in Osage County, KS.  No camping, no concessions, no portapotties.  #1 is first tree on the left, #2 is a camp potty with a tarp around it.  Bring your own toilet paper.  This is as primitive as it gets, folks!
Directions:  From Ottawa, KS/I-35  Take Exit 187/highway 68 west through Ottawa and through Pomona, KS.
At junction of 68 and 268, stay on 68, turning south through the little town of Quenemo.  In Quenemo, 68 turns back west.  Stay on 68 approx 4 miles to Ratner Road.  Turn right (north) on Ratner and go 1 mile to 261st St.  Turn left (west) on 261st and go 1+1/2 miles to track.
From Topeka/points west, from junction of Highways 75 and 68 south of Lyndon, KS, take Hwy 68 east approx 4-5 miles to Ratner Road.  Turn left (north) on Ratner and follow arrows.
Will be arrowed from 68/268 junction and 75/68 junction.
For more info, call Jeff DeBell at 913-686-2384

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

pketchum

Jeff,

Thank you for extending us the privilege of riding on your personal property my friend.  We had fun, the weather was pretty darn good I'd say, and the trail you contrived was both challenging (the MULTIPLE creek crossings & tight woods sections) and the fast wide-open sections were a HOOT!  You can'task for more!

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka