York PA swapmeet

Started by Paul Danik, November 01, 2007, 07:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

It is still a ways off, but the York, PA swapmeet and bikeshow is coming up, it is a great event and if you wish to be a vendor, or just wish to find out more about the event, here is a link to the information.

http://www.ahrma-ma.org/pvr/PVR2008Swapmeet.html

Paul

Lew Mayer

January 20th will be here before ya know it Paul.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

Lew,

I learned a good lesson at York a number of years ago.  A guy had a brand new white Penton 400 gas tank sitting on a shelf in his booth.  I asked to look at it, his price was about 50 bucks if I remember right, I handed him back the tank and figured next time around I would try to negotiate with him. A few minutes later I noticed a fellow Penton rider an isle over, I could only see his head and shoulders for the crowd.  When I finally made my way over to him, there was that beautiful shiny new white Penton 400 gas tank in his arm, I was glad that he was the one to buy it, but I did learn a lesson...

Paul

checkcrew

Paul, well said, any more if you see it - buy it -, good parts are getting harder to come by, i will be there with Mike Jr., looking forward to seeing you and the many Poggers that attend as well, take care, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

kaferacer

Paul,

I will be bringing several rare mx bikes to the show. 1972 Aspes Hopi 125, 1971 Sprite 125, 1973 Rupp RMX 125.

Mac {Kermac}

Hugh "Mac"Donald
(Kermac Vintage Motorcycles

1972 Penton   125mx
1973 Monark   125mx
1972 Aspes    125mx
1971 Dalesman 125mx
1971 Sprite   125mx
1972 Tyran    125mx
1973 Premier  125mx
1974 Alouette 125mx
1972 DKW      125mx
1978 SWM      125mx

Glenn Berry

Just a reminder the York Swapmeet is next Sunday, 1/20/08 from 8am to 3pm. Show is always a good time and you never know what is going to show up. Hope to see you there. Glenn Berry

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Paul Danik

OK, here is the weather forcast for the York weekend, talk about temperature swings...:D
Saturday night low  4
Sunday high         4
Sunday night low    4

I'll bet there will still be guys selling in the parking lot..

Paul

tofriedel

This morning the weather report is a little better.

Sat. will have a high of 37 & a low of 16
Sun. high of 25 & low of 14 with a little wind

Weather forecasters in this are not very precise, so it could get worse, or it could get better.

Dress warm, you can always take it off.

Tony
Tony

hrbay

last year... it snowed, chains would be a good idea too, or 4 x 4. George

GC
GC

Lew Mayer

Tony,
does Tommy have a table?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

3putt

I've never been able to get to the York meet, and can't make it this year either.  So can't relate to what might be available there.  Are there many parts sold alone, or is it mostly completed and project bikes ?    wnm

Lew Mayer

There are parts, as well as friends you haven't seen all winter.
One friend of mine likes to call it the "Vintage Prom".:D
Like all swap meets, you never know what might be there. Some years, pickin's are better than others. Ya need to get there early to beat Prez Paul and Mike Gallagher to the deals.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

The swapmeet is held at the York County fairgrounds and it uses just two of their exibition halls. In another large building there is usually a show of miniature mechanical items going on the same weekend.  These guys make us motorcycle nuts look like we are normal.  

They create this miniature pond inside one section of the building and have model steam powered boats chugging around the pond,and if that isn't enough, the boats are all radio controled by gentlemen in period correct steam captain attire, yep, it is a sight to see... If you make it to York besure to take in this event.

The show is made up of all sorts of miniature mechanical items,  they also have vendors selling the mini machine tools that are needed to create thses things. I don't remember the name of the show but maybe one of the others will know it.

OK, I found their website, you gotta look at their pictures. Dane, Uncle Ted would have loved this expo.
http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/index.html

Paul

checkcrew

Lew, hi, i will be there before the sun comes up,looking forward to seeing all, regards, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]