Buy / Trade Sachs/DKW 100cc Alloy Head

Started by Ron, January 02, 2008, 11:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have a 100cc Sachs/DKW full finned alloy head for sale?
I have a 125cc Sachs/DKW full finned alloy head I would trade if interested.
Thanks, RonW

pakala

Ron,
 I have a few full fin sachs/DKW heads. The heads have a part number on the bottom. Do you know what the numbers are for the 100cc? Or some other way to ID the 100cc heads?
                   Paul(socal)

Ron

Hi Paul,
I believe the Penton manual has the head numbers, I'll check them tonight. Also, the bore should be 48mm, if you could measure it?
I really want to build the Sachs as a 100cc MX, leading link front end and all. Shouldn't be many of them out there.
I'm going to put the 100cc top-end on my 6/b for now, to ride the new 100cc class, after the Adelanto GP, so I'll miss the first race.
BTW, do you have header for a side mounted pipe?.
I have an over the top header, but I'd prefer the side style.
Thanks for your help!
RonW

socalmx

If you are planning to ride the Adelanto Grand Prix on a vintage bike be very careful. They also run modern bikes at the same time and you really run the risk of getting either ran over or jumped on. I had a near miss a couple of years ago and that was enough for me.

Ron

Hi Paul,
I forgot to get the 100cc head numbers last night. I got caught up booking airline tickets to go see the Grand kids in Austin, TX in a couple weeks.
I'll get them tonight.
Thanks for the heads up about Adelanto, I am a little nervous.
I see Mike Childress every year doing 50 yard leaps on his Dual Sport, during the Vintage race.
Maybe he'll see my polished alloy fenders and not do berm shots off me. LOL
Thanks again, RonW

Ron

Hi Paul,
My Penton spare parts manual shows the 100cc alloy head with a part number 0613 109 004 with a 48mm bore diameter.
The 125cc alloy head number is 0613 106 004 with a 54mm bore diameter.
I wouldn't think these numbers are specific to Pentons only, but I don't know?
I'd like to hang on to the 100cc Penton head I have, at least for now. But, I'd gladly buy a 100cc head from you.
Thanks again,
RonW

pakala

Ron,
  I measured my lot of full fin sachs heads. They all have  part #0613 109 97. Five heads 52.31,52.53,55.12,54.59,54.89 they are all 125cc heads even through some are smaller than others?

Maybe the smaller heads I have came from early 5 gang engines? Any who, sorry can't be of any help. I will keep a eye out for a full fin 100cc head for you.
 I poped the head off my DKW 100 and the head measured 48.85 and my Penton 100cc was 47.93
                   Paul(socal)

Ron

Hi Paul
I really appreciate you wanting to help me out with this.
I'll find one sooner or later. I watch Evil Bay everyday.
I originally planned to build a 125cc, then got excited about building a 100cc last year before the now defunct Elsinore GP.
When they announced the 100cc MX class for AHMRA, I really want to get it built.
Do you happen to have a side mount header pipe?
Thanks again!
RonW

gashat

Hi Ron In checking in my Dalesman parts manual,I come up with the same head numbers as Paul.0613 109 004.They show the same head numbers for both the 1001/5A and 1001/6A. Hope this helps.  Gene

Ron

Gene, thanks for the input.
I checked the Penton parts manual again and it does have the numbers backwards.
Either way, I'm still looking for a head.
RonW

VICTOR MONZ

Larry:

I just bought a new scanner and I reproduced a $50 bill on an 11 x 17 sheet of paper, color of course, is that BIG enough money for you?:D