Vintage helmet color

Started by wildman, February 11, 2008, 11:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

I would like to repaint my modern full-face helmet to look better with my Penton 250 and green Penton jersey. What was the team helmet color back in the day? I don't feel worthy to wear the blue w/skunk stripes. Thanks for any ideas. Wildman

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

rd400pi

Wildman,
  Good post.  I often think modern off-road helmet schemes are a bit too crazy for me.  Good luck.

Mike H.

brian kirby

I see lots of solid silver helmets in old pictures for some reason.

Brian
Brian

Dwight Rudder

a lot of White, Yellow and Red solid color helmets. Use some electrical tape and put stripe on it. Put your name along the lower edge.
Dwight

tooclose racing

Now wait - I DID want to paint an open-face helmet that I have in the ISDT blue with the "skunk" stripes.  But I wanted to do it to pay tribute to those great riders....I even thought I might try to score some signatures at Mid-Ohio from some of the 70's Team Penton members and put some clearcoat over them.

So the question I was going to ask was....what's a good spray can/spray bomb approximation for the blue that was used on the ISDT helmets?

Thanks!

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by wildman

I would like to repaint my modern full-face helmet to look better with my Penton 250 and green Penton jersey. What was the team helmet color back in the day? I don't feel worthy to wear the blue w/skunk stripes. Thanks for any ideas. Wildman

Be careful with painting helmets.
Check first to see what kind of Material it is.Some Helmets after painting getting so brittel,they burst to bits at impact.

Helmut"Speedy"Clasen
 Ontario Canada
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/vindurospeedy
2 x Sachs MC-GS 250-7A
1 x Hercules 350-7A 77
2 x Hercules 250-7A 76
2 x Hercules 250-7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS 72-73