Fork Seal info

Started by thrownchain, February 24, 2008, 07:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

I went through a list I have for fork seals from "leakproof". Using their part numbers I've come up with a list of bikes that all use the same seal. Maybe this will help those looking for seals.

32 mm tubes;  Betor, Bultaco, Ceriani, Marzocchi, Penton and Red Wing front ends list the same number.

35 mm tubes;  AJS, Betor, Boge, Can-Am, Ceriani, CZ, Ducati, Honda CL 72 ,CL 77 [certain models], Husky all 75-80, 81 CR 125, 81 250WR and 81 430 WR, KTM, Marzocchi, Montesa, Moto Guzzi V-7 sport, 850 LM,T,t3,V1000, Ossa, Penton, Puch, Rokon, Telesco. And some Sportster and Wide Glide with Ceriani front ends.

Hope this helps.

cardojr

Yes, it helps-I've always had good luck with oem honda seals, but might try a pair on the next set of forks that I do.
thanks- rob

JP Morgen

Bike Master sells the 'leakproof' seals and a lower level standard seal. The standard type are superior, by far, and cheaper. It is a modern made, Japanese seal with spring loaded lips and an inverted wiper lip. They come in the popular 35X47mm size, and are only about $8,95/pair. The big distributors carry them. I highly recommend them.