KTM seat cover

Started by Dave Withrow, February 25, 2008, 11:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find seat covers for '80-'82 KTMs I can find pre '80 but nothing else.  Thanks for any help.
Dave Withrow

Big Mac

I thought DC Plastics was offering them. If not, Andre Horvath in Europe has 'em:
http://www.enduroklassiker.at/artikel/index.php?mid=99&cat=8

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Dave Withrow

Thanks for the info, Jon.  I just got through talking with DC Plastics and they said they would have them in 2-3 weeks.

Dave Withrow

Rain Man

Hi Dave, I use Ricks Upholstering somewhere in Oregon,  I have 3 KTM seats he did and they look spectacular.  He's not as cheap as a cover, but its done right.  And I also like the idea of the tail saying just "PENTON"  and not KTM also.

2c

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Big Mac

Dave, Check out this '81(?) seat on eBay right now, cheaper at the moment for whole seat than cover alone, plus it's original...search item #290208222250

I've had Rick Ticknor in The Dalles, OR replace a few seats and he has done an acceptable job, with more like the original material thickness, but wasn't crazy about the installation quality or the paint-on logo on the '81 495 seat he covered for me a few months ago. Should have bought an aftermarket cover for half the cost and done it myself. No need for a PENTON logo on an '81, unless desire is to re-brand...all were KTMs well before '80.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

jon

I have a new MXM seat cover I bought for my 1980 KTM 420mx. The only problem was it was short off material around the edges with the seat foam I had. Not enought material to curl around the pan. But more could be sewn around the edges, has KTM logo on back-nice. I can e-mail you pics if you like. Thanks frog

G Ellis

If anybody needs some seat covers for this year of bike. I am getting some made up. Later Gary

Bob Seymour

Gary,
Put me down for one! Talk to ya later.
                Thanks, Bob