Sachs Transmission Oil Quantity?

Started by SouthRider, March 05, 2008, 01:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthRider

On a Sachs engine the manual recommends filling the gearbox until oil runs out of the overflow - but I seem to remember that years ago that amount was found not to be sufficient & Penton had a specific amount to use.

Can anyone tell me the proper quantitiy of oil to install in a Sachs gearbox?

Thanx,

Clark Gristina
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Ernie Phillips

Clark,  The Penton owners manual says 600cc (1 pint).  Hand written in same manual, "1 quart instead of 600cc.  1 pint for moto cross but change after each day's racing."

When filling to 1 qt., I've had oil leak out around the kickstart/gearshift shafts.  I usually dump in about 3/4 qt.  I use ATF and change after each event.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

SouthRider

Thanx a bunch Ernie!

1979 SERA Louisiana State Champ
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

Doug Wilford

Clark;
700 cc  is best, using a good gear lube like Spectro 80W.
Have Fun

SouthRider

What a forum - ask & you shall receive....

Thanx Doug

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS