new guy

Started by xracer, March 09, 2008, 09:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xracer

hello guys and gals i have been lurking on this great sight for some time now and decided to join in the fun  if you dont mind i would like to tell you aliitle about me im 53 years old and used to race in the early 70:s to 79 when i had a very serious crash and quit racing started tuning for a couple of local pros then got out of it for a while bought a couple of road bikes goldwing and a vstar for the wife well abought a month ago went to the local bike swapmeet and ran into a couple of the guys i used to race with and they told me about this vintage racing stuff started looking around bought a it yamaha 175 1978 started fooling with it now im hooked now im looking for my favorite bike i ever had a 1978 gs 175 that i bought from piasaki out of toledo ohio that i used to be track champ at soddys in adison mich. and carried me 6th overall district 14 that same year im hoping some one here led me onto one or a 76 77 175 or 125  thanks again for my rambling on and looking forward to seeing and meeting some of you guys at mid ohio  dave callison  734 461 9908  anytime

tomale

welcome, I found this site about 5 years ago and it has been a great honor to talk with so many great guys and gals... I belong to several forums and I can tell you this one is the best, no doubt.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Ernie Phillips

Dave,  Welcome to the POG.  The vintage bug is hard to shake once exposed.  And being an ol' racer, it can become addicting.  Good luck with your KTM search.  See you at the races...

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

xracer

thanks for the welcome already got a lead on a bike waiting for pictures  thanks again  when in doubt just gas it  dave