Precious Moments – Ocala CC Awards

Started by Ernie Phillips, March 03, 2008, 09:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

First, I'd like to thank Teddy Landers for the fantastic job he does in heading up our AHRMA Cross Country Program.  This was my first awards banquet and it was very nice.  For 2008 we have 21 opportunities to races, 4 of which are 2 day events. Teddy is a very hard worker and it shows. He already has results posted for Ocala.  (He is also very hard to pass.)   And I'm sure Teddy would be the first to say that without Rosemary, he would not be able to do it.  Sunday mornings at the race track are special too because Teddy and Rosemary lead a praise and worship service.  

Next, I'd like to thank Jack Penton for making time to come to our award banquet.  Jack's presentation discussing the early Penton days was truly inspiring.  Hearing Jack say he was scared when his dad told him that he was ready to ride the Six Day Trial at age 16 showed that he is human too.  But, the absolute highlight was having Jack hand out the awards and pose for pictures with all us vintage racers.  For me it was very special because I race a Penton! Jack will always be a Champion.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all the POG for their participation in this forum, the parts suppliers, engine rebuilders and mentors who have helped us last year.  We still have a ways to go to get "our program" where it needs to be.  We are Having Fun.  

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

firstturn

Having fun is what it should be about.  Thanks for the post and Jack is National Treasure and a Great Rider and Person.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh