2008 Daytona 200 Memorial

Started by Admin, March 11, 2008, 02:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Most of POG has received their "Keeping Track" newsletter and is aware of the plaque that John Penton presented to Paul Danik which was placed at the Daytona 200 Memorial. I happened to be there last week and was lucky enough to be able to get this shot of Paul ,a Penton and the Memorial.

I think POG should be proud to have such a charismatic and hard working person for their leader. Paul is the perfect ambassador, organizer and historian for a group like ours. Not to mention a pretty good schmoozer and rider.

I am honored that he took the time to help a brand new POGGER ( me) prep his bike for the Gator Enduro and get me involved with Pentons a few years ago. This year Paul and his wife gave up their seats for the AMA breakfast in order to be my fan club and pit crew for the Gator Enduro.

The group should be honored to have a such a dedicated, helpful and willing President.

Thank you Paul for all of your time, efforts and dedication to POG.

Conrad Pfeifer

Knute

Great photo Conrad.  Thanks for sharing!  Again, congratulations Paul and thanks for all you do for us.

And congratulations to you too Conrad for your successful ride at the Alligator. Thank you for representing us there.

Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

Paul Danik

Conrad,

Thanks for the kind words.

It was great to spend time with you and the other fellow POGGERS at the Gator including your cousin Dave Stype, Nelson McCullough and Jeff Fredette.  I also bumped into POGGER Larry Volenec who was helping with the Gator event.

As for helping you out, just try to imagine how I felt when as a teenager John Penton himself fixed my Penton at his shop in Amherst,  then asks me if I would help to keep the Pentons running in Pennsylvania. You see Conrad, I was just doing what JP had asked me to do many years ago, good thing you aren't from WV :)

As far as missing the breakfast, in looking at that picture I think I need to skip a few more meals :D

Paul