Message to Chicago Jerry

Started by VICTOR MONZ, March 21, 2008, 12:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VICTOR MONZ

Jerry a comment from your response to my Six Day for sale.

Also, asking any of you other POGERS if they knew or remember Jon Leak from Norwalk and his racing achievements.

Still have a couple Pentons in my shop.....need to sit out this year, DR.s orders.

Bringing up Kevin and Amherst gives me great memories. I remember Kevin and his brother, Mark, meeting up at Meadowlarks to MX or Harescramble. Cold winters, hot dogs and hot chocolate at the counter in the clubhouse and the best of all the trophy presentations with everybody all muddy, cold and smiles !

I am going to San Diego for a CALVMX Race this weekend...maybe sneak out my Suz RM 125 for the Ironman 30 minute moto, just to ride the track, one legged, at a safe speed.....

Ask Kevin if he remembers a fellow named Jon Leak from Norwalk, Ohio....one of the best Penton racers I ever saw...I watched him win the Ohio State Championship 100 cc and 125 cc Class the same day, back to back. Jon is not with us any more, but I remember he being the smoothest rider I can remember. He inspired me to make the Six Day White as Jon rode with a white jersey...in his memory. God Speed Jon.

Give'em my best back in Amherst.

Victor

chicagojerry

hi victor, when i spoke to kevinn,he remembered jon leak well. his brother mark ended up third that day behind jon. i was still living back in illios during that time frame, i moved to the amherst area in 1987. where did you live when you were in this neck of the woods? chi jer

rich allison

I remember racing against Jon at Mid Ohio {the old mx track}and the first time  I saw him he was fast.It was like he was part of the bike. I think he was the only guy out there skinnier than me. For some reason I always thought he was with the Piaseki boys from Toledo. May have raced against him at Honda Hills also.    Rich

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

VICTOR MONZ

Jerry.

I was born and raised in Lorain and spent lots of time at my Granparents who lived on Lincoln Street in Amherst.  My mom graduated from Amherst High School and we had many picnics at their place starting at the Penton Farm Market for goodies and veggies.

My best friend in High School worked at Penton R/D on Elyria Avenue in Lorain and I got to spend time there with him sorting through pieces parts when the teams returned.....helped us hop up our Pentons with the latest goods.

Hope to make it back this fall....we'll see.

Thanks and I hope you all have some more Jon Leak stories.....I always was looking for him On Any Sunday in hopes of watching a fast and smooth racer.  He made the Penton bike look like artwork.

Victor