Racer X / Barry Higgins

Started by tmc3c, March 25, 2008, 09:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

The May 08 issue has a great article on Barry Higgins and it is 8 pages!!!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

paul

Hey, I dont subscribe. Where is Barry Higgins nowdays? He had a nice KTM dealership in Georgia that he sold and that was the last I have heard of him. His parts people treated me great and I hope the new owner follows thru with tradition. Thanks Barry for helping keep my KTM in good shape and putting up with all the vintage (Penton) parts searches. TooTallPaul

TGTech

A couple of weeks ago, Barry was in Lake Whitney, TX at one of the Amateur National Championship events, and raced the 50+ class on a KTM and won the class.

Dane

bentrims

I just spent the weekend with Barry at the GNC Oak Hill Texas race. We had a great time. He came sneaking up on me and really surprised me with a hug. I love that guy and man is he still fast!

He now lives in California close to KTM but still finds time to MX and trail ride with all our friends in NW Georgia/NE Alabama when he is in the area.

I was proud to introduce him to friends and tell them of his history.

I have this old magazine with Barry on the cover sitting on a Yankee 500. He knew exactly what I was talking about. Dang...I wish I knew he was going to be there. I have wanted to have him autograph that thing for 5 years now!
Tom B

Merlin

Are you sure Barry was sitting on the Yankee 500 twin and not the Yankee 460 single?

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Merlin, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".