Riding events

Started by OhioTed, March 17, 2008, 02:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Here's a couple of off-road riding opportunities, which are really worth considering.  First is the Rumble On The Ridge trailride, which is coming up April 8th, near Adena, Ohio.  This is just a fundraiser, held by the Shortcreek Sportsman Club, on their own property.  Twenty bucks gets you the chance to ride a nice, 25+ mile trail loop, as many times as you want.  I rode the 9/07 event, and other than being outnumbered by quads by a ratio of 20 to 1, had a great time.  The trail is pretty easy, albeit with optional "nasty" sections, and is quite vintage-friendly.  The SSC really has their stuff together, with lots of on-trail support, and many, many good people in attendance.  Don't come out looking for a race, as there are just a bunch of good old boys out there, along with lots of gal riders and kids, too.  Go to rumbleontheridge.homestead.com for all kinds of info.

The other event is the Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club's "Reliability Run", coming up Sat, 5/31, near Toronto, Ohio.  This is, in effect, a Vintage Enduro.  A good bit of pavement, but some real nice trail, too.  75+ miles on the last one, held 8/07.  The BSA guys really don't care what you ride, but it really needs to be enduro-legal, as you'll be running some pretty well-travelled roads.  Plus, make sure the bike is quiet, guys.  There's houses all over the place, and if we don't mind our P's & Q's, the authorities are sure to start paying a lot more attention than they do now.  In addition to the RR, the BSA guys have all kinds of other stuff going on, too.  The meet runs Sat & Sun, with lots of fun street rides, vintage trials, a bike show, swap meet, field trials, etc.  If you don't have fun at this event, you're a party-pooper.  Go to ovbsamc.com, and COME TO THIS EVENT.  POG's presence is growing, there.  We all had a ball last year.

Please note that neither of these events are in any way officially promoted by, associated with, or connected to, the Penton Owners Group.  It's all about liability, guys.  But, they're fun, they're a chance to ride your bike(s), and you need to get out there and "blow the dust off you".  Let's go ridin'!!!!

OhioTed

The Rumble On The Ridge is this Saturday, guys.  Come on, surely there's a brave soul or two in the area who would like to get out for an early season putt-putt ride.  If so, let me know.  I'll be heading out early Saturday morning, but we could meet up somewhere.  FYI:  Adena is close to Steubenville, Ohio, and not too far from Dover - New Philadelphia.  Not exactly the center of the universe, but ya gotta take your riding opportunities where you can find 'em.  Let me know!