Rubber and Fiber washers.

Started by john durrill, November 17, 2001, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Does anyone have a source for the small rubber washers that are use for mounting the air box and fenders to the frame ?
Also the fiber washers that are use between the exhaust mounting tabs and the rubber exhaust mounts.
We are about to strip a 125 and 175 down to the frame and need them.
John

Steve Minor

John....you need a Grainger's catalog. Go to //www.grainger.com then on their home page top bar go to "contact us".....there's a catalog request form. They have all sorts of unique items.

Steve

Steve Minor

skipperclyde

The small rubber washers can also be found at a plumbing supply store.  I have gotten them in 3/4 and one inch.  The center hole is slightly smaller than the bolts.  I know from experience they make a leak proof seal.

Kip Kern

John

Contact Cometic Gasket, Bill Jackett makes them for me in both the 6mm and 8mm size.

Mark Annan

I have found a good convenient source for the rubber washers to mount fenders, number plates and similar items.  I use rubber washers intended for sealing the bolts that hold toilet tanks onto the bowl.  They can be found at home supply stores or just about anywhere that sells plumbing supplies.  I bought a bag of 10 cloth reinforced washers for $2.50.  They work great

If you need the rubber mounts with the studs for hanging the exhaust contact Helmut Clasen (aka Speedy) on the Vinduro list.  He has them in several different sizes.

Mark