72 6 days

Started by xracer, May 03, 2008, 08:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xracer

hello guys just got home with my new to me 125 have a few questons the first is the tank does not look like the toaster tank it is very small and it is alum with a flip style cap maybe a gallon and a half has the leather strap to hold it on and is painted green just like the air box and side covers which look like origanal paint the bike has compresion which is a good thing but it will not shift also in need of a seat and heat gaurd for the exhaust also needs rear fender and shifter and kick starter any help would be apreciated  thanks  dave  734 461 9908

rob w

Dave,
 I saw that one on Ebay, but figured I don't need a third '72 Six-Day. So you've visited the sprawling metropolis of Paris, MI. Is there still a gas station there ? You were about 40 miles east of my childhood home. Just a little north of there is some good riding. In days of old, you may have bumped into the likes of King Richard while riding those parts.
Sounds like you're fairly satisfied with your purchase, that's good.
The tank on that bike is the small Hi-Point accessory tank. Without any major dents, it should be worth half of what you paid for the bike.
You should check with Al B. for a complete seat, shifter, and pipe shield.
Alloy fenders are available from the Royal Enfield people.
Bob

xracer

hey rob the tank is perfect but the rims are pretty rusty and the engine needs a complete rebuild ill check with al didnt see any on his web site still havent decide if i will rebuild her or just sell it i found a 79 can am qualifer on the way home that is showroom new with only 557 miles on her only time i seen one this nice was when sat on the dealer floor new