Needle in a Haystack

Started by Mick Milakovic, May 27, 2008, 09:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Hi All,
My son and I were out tracking very fresh deer track last night in the woods behind our house, noses to the ground, really excited about a big buck that has been bedding down in there.  We looked like Laurel and Hardy, giggling and tripping our way around. Anyway, Jarrin picks up this nut and washer he sees, and I think it's off my 390 Husky that I lost on the last ride, late last fall.  Sure enough, we took it back and it fit.  The track is about 3/4 mile long, so what were the chances of that?!  Made my day though, because it was one of those parts you can't get at Tractor Supply.  Have a great day :D

Mick

thrownchain

With that kind of luck, I'd head out for some lottery tickets. [8D]

Gavin Housh

I once lost a wallaet while sking at a Sierra resort. I was hiking in the same area the next summer and found the wallet with all the contents still intact. Another time I was diving for Abalone in the cold murky waters off the Califonia coast. My friend dropped his Abalone iron(a long tool for prying the shell fish off the rocky bottom) to the bottom. He swam over to me and said that he had dropped it and we should try looking for it. I informed him that no matter how much we tried that the sea never gives your stuff back. We looked for a few dives (no tanks, only breath hold diving allowed) and could not find it. Soon we swam out to deeper water and did our dives trading off the iron that I still had. After limiting out with Abalone we swam back towards the shore. We stopped several yards out from where the swell was breaking and I said let me make a dive here and see if I can't find your iron. A soon as I got close to the bottom I noticed a green object to my side (green plastic hand grip on the end of the iron). I swam over and there it was. I told my friend that it was a once in a life time event. Now I guess I have a two in a life time events. Gavin

tomale

I could use one of those,, wouldn't use it on anything so shallow as money.... a couple of years ago, I misplaced my photo album of my race pictures from back in the day.. now some of these are precious to me... they are pictures taken by Geoff Fox.... yes Martha from Motocrossfox...The year was 74 and he was just beginning to get a national name. I knew of him because we had mutal friends and he was come to the local races and he had taken 4 or 5 shots of me and had given them to me at the next race... now they are gone, at least I have yet to find them.. would not be so bad if they were duplicates or it was only a few of the pictures, but alas, it is all of my pictures.... (there were never many to begin with):(

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W