250 Rebuild continues

Started by Martin Oliver, November 25, 2001, 09:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Oliver

I would first like to thank the people that have responded to my cries for help in rebuilding my 74 250 Penton.  Without your help and words of encouragement I would probably have given up.  But, I am now in the process of going back together with my bike.  I will be in need of a shifter lever as the one I have found will not work due to stressed splines.  Anyone who would be willing to part with an extra shifter lever (for compensation of course), please let me know.  If anyone has any after market ideas, please let me know.  Again, please know that I am gratefull for all the help I have received to date.

Larry Perkins

Martin

Was there something wrong with the one I shipped?  If so I will gladly refund or exchange.

Larry

Martin Oliver

Larry,
   The shifter shaft you sent was perfect and is ready to be installed as sone as I get a pinion bearing for the 5th and 6th gear cluster.  The lever for the shaft that I had has spline errosion problems.  All I need is a shifter lever that you shift the gears with your foot.  I have found that they are in short supply.  Thanks for your help.

Martin