sachs boondocker

Started by chicagojerry, August 21, 2008, 07:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

i'm hoping someone can give me some info for this 80cc sachs boondocker that i have. i need to know what carb slide it should have as well as the needle. the numbers on the bing carb are 1/18/18. also, it needs the boot from the carb to the frame for the air intake. does anyone out there know somebody with any info or parts?  i have called bing twice and the numbers on the carb predate their data-base. thanks for any help..    chi jer

gooddirt

I have an assortment of carb boots , need your IDs or ODs. The ebay NOS guy has those carbs and may look inside of them for you. LG

slvrbrdfxr

Jerry,
If gooddirt can't help you on the air boot try Matt at Speed and Sport because I believe the Wassell trials bikes may use the same accordian style boot as what you are looking for.
Dave McCullough

SouthRider

Don Burgess is going to check his Boondocker for the slide & needle for you.

He also had to replace his air boot. He used a piece of clear vinyl hose from Lowes, and soaked it in hot water to get it to fit.

Should have the other info in a few days.

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

chicagojerry

thanks clark, and thank don burgess for me too. that will help a lot. thanks everyone else for the suggestions too.   chi jer

SouthRider

Hey Jerry,

Don pulled his carb down, and unfortunately there are no numbers on either the needle or slide, and they are VERY unique items.

The slide has the slot for the guide pin on the same side as the cutaway (the air box side). The needle tapers to a point at the top, and has flats on it & a unique clip that allows you to turn it, push up, and get incremental adjustment similar to a Lectron.

You know Dwight Rudder has a talent for running across things like this - you might want to check with him, or search ebay for a whole carb.

Sorry I didn't have better news.

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax