Plastic Bing parts

Started by brian kirby, August 26, 2008, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

Anybody know anything about plastic Bing parts? I've found various parts in carbs made of a white plastic, I've got float needles, needle jets and main jets all of the same white plastic. I've never seen plastic jets before. Were the made by Bing or maybe they are some kind of aftermarket product?

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Team d-Con
//www.d-conproducts.com America's #1 Rodent Control Brand
Brian

chicagojerry

hi brian, i have a complete main jet kit with plastic jets. never seen plastic needles tho.  the kit i have may have come from bing but i don't believe that it did. chi jer

brian kirby

I have a Can-Am Bing 84 that had a plastic float needle and white plastic (not the foam ones, hollow plastic) floats. I just bought a box of jets for some kind of BMW on eBay that has a range of main jets from 105 to 145 and four needle jets, all white plastic. The 28mm model 84 carb that came on my Berkshire has a white plastic main jet. It all seems to work fine, I just had never seen plastic jets before and wondered if I was the only one.

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Team d-Con
//www.d-conproducts.com America's #1 Rodent Control Brand
Brian

Merlin

The white needle and main jets are aftermarket nylon, work ok unless they get mishandled, sometimes the main jets vary a little.

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Merlin, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

skiracer

Hey Brian,

why don't you ask the people at Bing about it?  They are very helpful, and can replace any part you may need.

James
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa