Pentons needed for photo

Started by Paul Danik, August 31, 2008, 11:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The Lorain, Ohio Morning Journal newspaper is doing an article on the upcoming Penton/POG anniversary celebration.  They would like to get a picture showing a representative Penton from each of the 10 years that the Pentons were built.  The picture will be taken before the upcoming POG meeting on September 4th at KTM, the photographer is set to be at KTM at 5pm. The model is not important.

We still need machines to represent 1969, 1970, 1971, 1975, 1976.

If you can supply a machine for any of these years please contact me @ [email protected]  The machines do not need to be museum pieces.

Thanks
Paul

Paul Danik

The 1969, 1970, 1975 and 1976 bikes are now handled, we still need a 1971 Steel Tanker.

Many thanks to all of you who have emailed and called offering to help get these machines together.

Paul

Paul Danik

After a last minute request from the newspaper folks for more Pentons to photograph, it seems that they wish to fill an entire page of the paper with pictures, calls were made and many Pentons arrived at KTM last night for the photo shoot.  It was one of those times that just came together to provide us with a lot of fun while doing some good PR work.

We had 21 machines assembled covering the entire Penton era.  After the bikes were photographed individually inside one of the building on the KTM grounds, we assembled all of the bikes in front of the large KTM sign/rock in front of the main KTM office for a group shot with all of the guys along with John Penton in the picture.  We had an early 68 machine lined up nose to nose with a modern KTM, which was "borrowed" for just a few minutes, in front of the rest of the machines.  Hopefully we can get a copy of some of the pictures.

After the picture session was complete we had a very productive POG meeting with an outstanding group in attendance.

Many thanks to all of you who helped in any way last night.

Paul

paul

Paul, is there any way you can scan the article? I would enjoy reading it. Thanks,TTP

Paul Danik

TTP,

I believe that the article and pictures will be in next Sunday's paper, once it comes out we will see how to possibly create a link to it or scan it and post it.

Thanks
Paul

thrownchain

Have a few copies for the 40th.,add it to the bag.